• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Joining the club!

local

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all! We just picked up a new to us 2005 AR230 over the weekend. It's not my first boat but it is my first jet boat and I was surprised with how nice it drove on the lake test. I will probably start the mods before the end of the month so I am already doing my research here. Unfortunately it has been raining since we brought it home basically so we haven't been able to go look like fools practicing launch, recovery and docking yet but that will happen this weekend at the latest.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase, and welcome! Share some pictures when you can! so you have some memories of what she looked like stock :cool:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard.

I'll expect every thread you start to be titled something like "Local boater makes modification to increase utility"......or something like that :D :D

local

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard.

I'll expect every thread you start to be titled something like "Local boater makes modification to increase utility"......or something like that :D :D
Utility, no. Performance or fun factor, yes! Ok maybe some utility. This thing is bone stock, seats don't even have butt grooves in them yet.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just add the super ultimate twin engine steering and EZ locks to the clean out plugs to start.

Attachments

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Not sure your launching situation but in North Georgia this weekend the public launches were packed. I would suggest practicing launch/recovery during the week. With our first boat my wife and I took the boat out on it maiden voyage on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The birds were singing, the bikini was small and everybody else with a boat had the same idea. Needless to say, it was very stressful and we vowed never to launch a new boat for the first-time on a Saturday/Sunday again. 😒

local

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure your launching situation but in North Georgia this weekend the public launches were packed. I would suggest practicing launch/recovery during the week. With our first boat my wife and I took the boat out on it maiden voyage on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The birds were singing, the bikini was small and everybody else with a boat had the same idea. Needless to say, it was very stressful and we vowed never to launch a new boat for the first-time on a Saturday/Sunday again. 😒
Yeah, thankfully we have a local "lake" with a ramp. It is used pretty much only for fishing so it is abandoned during the day even on weekends. Lots of practice in peace shouldn't be an issue.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
welcome-aboard-welcome-aboard-love-boat-captain-meme-52875874_Resized.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome! Loved my 2005 SX 230! Cover the tops of the ECUs.....either with flashing tape or something.....the worst failure the older boats have is bad ECUs....and we have had members prove in their cases that it was water intrusion into the CPU (in one case from water coming off a gas station roof onto the engine hatch). The ECUs aren't well sealed - or the seals deteriorate - so a simple flashing cover is super cheap insurance.

local

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome! Loved my 2005 SX 230! Cover the tops of the ECUs.....either with flashing tape or something.....the worst failure the older boats have is bad ECUs....and we have had members prove in their cases that it was water intrusion into the CPU (in one case from water coming off a gas station roof onto the engine hatch). The ECUs aren't well sealed - or the seals deteriorate - so a simple flashing cover is super cheap insurance.
I have seen some stuff about that. I haven't located them yet but it is on my list of must do mods.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
welcome!
fellow dfw boater here....i'm in hurst
now share the address of that secret lake :)

local

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
welcome!
fellow dfw boater here....i'm in hurst
now share the address of that secret lake :)
Calling it a lake is being generous, it's just a 500 acre retention pond with a boat ramp. 1849 Park Ln, Alvarado, TX 76009