• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Just bought Cobra Fins

trt836

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all! Its that time of year again! GROUP BUY SEASON!!!

This month is Thrust Vector / Lateral Thruster Group Buy for all JetBoaters.Net members. As always, prices are discounted to our lowest price of the year when participation qualifies. Starting today and ending Aug 31, 2024, this event features a max discount level of 35% OFF.

So if you're looking to improve your jet boat's low speed handling now's your chance to do it at the best prices of the year, MEMBERS ONLY!!!

Participation Levels/Discounts

Lateral Thrusters (Available For All Yamaha Boat Models except Drive X and Helm Master Equipped Boats)

1-10 Lateral Thrusters: 10% Discount
11-15 Lateral Thrusters: 15% Discount
16-20 Lateral Thrusters: 20% Discount
21-34 Lateral Thrusters: 25% Discount
35+ Lateral Thrusters: 35% Discount

Thrust Vector (Available For Yamaha Boats 1999-2025 & Rotax Powered Boats 2005-2025, Excludes Drive X and Helm Master Equipped Boats)
1-10 Thrust Vectors: 10% Discount
11-15 Thrust Vectors: 15% Discount
16-20 Thrust Vectors: 20% Discount
21-34 Thrust Vectors: 25% Discount
35+ Thrust Vectors: 35% Discount

Rules and Guidelines are as follows:

Customers must be a member of JetBoaters.net and have an active User ID - customers must call our office at 850-867-1410 or email sales@jetboatpilot.com to place their order. Payments will be made in full at the time of purchase; once the max discount is reached we will then begin issuing refunds back to customers for the price difference. If you do not want to purchase right away and only put your name and info down to be contacted once the max discount is achieved you may do so, HOWEVER this will not contribute to the total number of participants needed to reach the Max Discount. The Max Discount of 35% is only achieved once we have reached 35 PAID orders (see below for details):

Taxes will apply to most US addresses and are based on the state the product is delivered to. Domestic shipping rates will be displayed at checkout once you have received your final quote from JetBoatPilot. International orders must get shipping quotes. We use UPS for international shipping.

To Order:

Customers must provide the following to order : Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address, Make/Model of Boat, Desired Product (And Color if Applicable), and most importantly, your JetBoaters.Net ID (this is not your email address).

Other Important Info

This event includes both Lateral Thrusters and Thrust Vectors For Yamaha Boats as well as Thrust Vectors for Rotax powered boats. You do not have to purchase both items during this event to qualify for the discount. Combo prices and Trade In Programs such as our TV Upgrade and Cobra Fin Trade In will not be active during this event.

Customers who have older versions of Thrust Vector, Thrust Vector XL and Thrust Vector XV will need to have us e-mail a copy of the Trim Template in order to add Lateral Thrusters to their Thrust Vector equipped boat. Current Thrust Vector product is fully compatible with Lateral Thruster.

Lateral Thrusters are incompatible with steering systems made by other vendors. If a customer chooses to combine Lateral Thrusters with another aftermarket steering system, and, if there is ever a warranty claim, we may not be able to honor our limited Lateral Thruster warranty.

As always we want to thank @Julian @OperationROL and @Bruce for hosting this forum and allowing JetBoatPilot to be a part of this great community.
View attachment 224620
I just purchased the Cobra Fins and I have to say: wow, what a great job by Jeff. I had them installed last week and they are absolutely a game changer in terms of steering and control. I personally spoke with Jeff and he gave me some great tips on taking care of my Yamaha 242 SE Limited. My experience was super great as it relates to Jeff and the Cobra product. Just an FYI for anyone considering either Cobra vs Thrust Vector. My best to everyone!

I just purchased the Cobra Fins and I have to say: wow, what a great job by Jeff. I had them installed last week and they are absolutely a game changer in terms of steering and control. I personally spoke with Jeff and he gave me some great tips on taking care of my Yamaha 242 SE Limited. My experience was super great as it relates to Jeff and the Cobra product. Just an FYI for anyone considering either Cobra vs Thrust Vector. My best to everyone!
Thank you for that, I notice that most of the posters who joined the sale have 1 post to their name and They really should be buying a product not a price, like tempered aluminum parts that work at all speeds not just at the dock even without thrust plus deal with bow wander and speed bleed off in turns and adjustments and choices of base models or deluxe versions as well as the most features and benefits available including plaining surfaces and the second tie rod and free domestic shipping along with buy direct discount prices all year long but it is basically a new group so I always say do your research before deciding on the steering effect you want for your boat so that you can make great memories with your family and friends. I base this on 23 years of experience making jet boats steer and drivers smile. Happy boating

Last edited:
Sorry, but wrong place to post this. The Cobra vs Jet thrusters is a debate that will never end. JBP was generous enough to offer this group a kind discount and this thread is here for any discussion regarding that.
Super sorry....was providing feedback on my great experience. Didn't realize the thread was only for Thrust Vector only. Definitely would like to compare them one day. Thanks for the heads up!

I moved this out of @JetBoatPilot sale thread as it is not an appropriate place to voice your thoughts about a competing product.

Jeff is super helpful, but I am actually trying something different on my boat.
I purchased the updated system for my 2023 AR 195, with help from Jeff, and later added the top " fangs".
I will say that the fangs seem to be hampering higher speed turns.
Last time I had the boat out with 5 on board, a right sweeping turn at speed had my steering very tight and uncomfortable. and yes, cables are fine, boat only has 12 hours on it......
I just removed the fangs yesterday, but need better weather to try out the steering without it.
I'm certainly not complaining here, but only offering feedback on the new single engine boats. I'm sure the " fangs" help when docking, but my steering has become very tight since installing.....

Thank you for that, I notice that most of the posters who joined the sale have 1 post to their name and They really should be buying a product not a price, like tempered aluminum parts that work at all speeds not just at the dock even without thrust plus deal with bow wander and speed bleed off in turns and adjustments and choices of base models or deluxe versions as well as the most features and benefits available including plaining surfaces and the second tie rod and free domestic shipping along with buy direct discount prices all year long but it is basically a new group so I always say do your research before deciding on the steering effect you want for your boat so that you can make great memories with your family and friends. I base this on 23 years of experience making jet boats steer and drivers smile. Happy boating
Jeff- what's the best way to get a hold of you? I need to replace the bracket that holds my anode on the starboard pump, please.

Jeff is super helpful, but I am actually trying something different on my boat.
I purchased the updated system for my 2023 AR 195, with help from Jeff, and later added the top " fangs".
I will say that the fangs seem to be hampering higher speed turns.
Last time I had the boat out with 5 on board, a right sweeping turn at speed had my steering very tight and uncomfortable. and yes, cables are fine, boat only has 12 hours on it......
I just removed the fangs yesterday, but need better weather to try out the steering without it.
I'm certainly not complaining here, but only offering feedback on the new single engine boats. I'm sure the " fangs" help when docking, but my steering has become very tight since installing.....
The fangs are suposed to help alleviate stiff steering, cant see how the fangs would slow your higher speed turns. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC

The fangs are suposed to help alleviate stiff steering, cant see how the fangs would slow your higher speed turns. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC
They're supposed to be like "power" steering. He may have them on the lower setting, which provides a lot of feedback to the wheel. The higher setting gives a more loose feeling.

Low setting = BMW feeling
High setting = 1977 Lincoln Continental

No adjustments on the newer versions of cobra steering. In fact, the fangs are mounted on top of the large plate and are meant for slow speed steering.
Not sure what’s going on, but the steering of the boat is different at higher speeds.

Ok you added a viper with top fangs totally different specialty system that what he has. and the top fangs should not even be touching the water on plane as they sit on top of the viper.
1723501033321.jpeg

Correct Jeff. Maybe it's the original viper staying in the water that's causing the issue. Never noticed it before, but never had 5 people on the boat until recently. Maybe the single engine boats like mine would react better if the fins lifted out of the water like the Thrust Vectors do. Seems like most boats posting here are larger dual engine set-ups where the fins I'm assuming act differently.
Not sure, but I really don't want to spend $500 more on Thrust Vectors and it not help.

Correct Jeff. Maybe it's the original viper staying in the water that's causing the issue. Never noticed it before, but never had 5 people on the boat until recently. Maybe the single engine boats like mine would react better if the fins lifted out of the water like the Thrust Vectors do. Seems like most boats posting here are larger dual engine set-ups where the fins I'm assuming act differently.
Not sure, but I really don't want to spend $500 more on Thrust Vectors and it not help.
Reading your post you are saying you like the steering and the results of the top fangs but when you have 5 people in a 19 foot boat you feel resistance in the wheel. But this is the first time you experienced this , So you would need to remove the top fangs and try the same thing with 5 people and see if your experience is better or not. if not you would then remove the viper also and repeat the process to see if the original rudder only solved the problem if that did not work I would say just remember that if you have 5 people in the boat the steering will be a bit stiffer and keep that in mind conditions change the handling of any boat as does load changes and even seating positions.
I also see you suggest I make fins that go up out of the water on plane , So I Have that option it is called the ultimate version of my systems and those also have adjustments to put you in control of the influence levels as well as a deluxe version that has plaining surfaces and the base version for your model boat is only $235.99 with free domestic shipping or the deluxe version for $268.99 Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 and new Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE steering for 2019 and newer Yamaha Single Engine Jet Boats You chose the viper for $169.99 and that is a very powerful specialty system then you later added the top fangs for $84.99 and free domestic shipping.
I personally do not push the vipers because they do not have adjustments .
And on the 2019 and newer boats you have trouble getting to the bottom nozzle bolt when install it unlike the pre 2019 models and I discussed that with you You also asked about the steering having influence to assist with slow speed steering , that was your main focus. Now you have had these for over a year and as you said you only had this experience when you had 5 people in the boat so I assume you were happy with the setup all this time if it were me I would be looking at rearranging where the extra people sit in order to address the issue.

So, long to short, I purchased the wrong system, but it was and is your newest system for 19 ft. boats correct ? and you are correct on all of your points re: my purchases. I have been happy this past year, yes...but with 5 on board, the steering was uncomfortable.
Usually it's only my wife and I boating...and this issue was not there....and yes, I understand weight distribution....and had most people in the back of the boat.
Oh well. I'll figure something out through trial and error I guess spending more $$.

@Cobra Jet Steering LLC btw, how do we reach out to you for parts after the purchase - multiple posts and a DM on this forum have gone unanswered.

Back