• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just bought our first boat - the 2020 AR 210! Any Advice/Lessons Learned?

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Greetings from Minnesota! So I've been googling this forum off an on over the last couple of years - it helped me decide that a jet boat was what I wanted... Yesterday we took the plunge and signed the paperwork to buy a 2020 AR210, and today- I joined this forum for the first time as a member!

Being in MN, it will still be a couple months before I'll be able to take it out... But I was wondering if any other new owners had any advice or tips for us? I'm starting to line up essentials to purchase... Any recommendations on must-haves for the AR210? I plan to use it for wakeboarding as well - so any AR210 tips related to that would be helpful. I'm trying to figure out if it's an option to get that "Wakeboost" kit for it, or worth doing so - can't seem to find anyway to buy it online. (P.S. we're not super good wakeboarders or anything, thus there was no way I could justify paying $20k more for the 21ft wake series, although that looked awesome).

Thanks for any advice you have!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
:Welcome: To the forum and thanks for signing up. Congrats on the new boat! Great forum as you probably know. I'm sure someone will chime in with that boat to help you out. Please share pictures as we all love pictures of people having a good time.

Have you boated before? Anything you can tell us will only help us help you. Get ready for some mods. Hopefully you didn't spend all your $$$. Good luck and enjoy!!!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Greetings from Minnesota! So I've been googling this forum off an on over the last couple of years - it helped me decide that a jet boat was what I wanted... Yesterday we took the plunge and signed the paperwork to buy a 2020 AR210, and today- I joined this forum for the first time as a member!

Being in MN, it will still be a couple months before I'll be able to take it out... But I was wondering if any other new owners had any advice or tips for us? I'm starting to line up essentials to purchase... Any recommendations on must-haves for the AR210? I plan to use it for wakeboarding as well - so any AR210 tips related to that would be helpful. I'm trying to figure out if it's an option to get that "Wakeboost" kit for it, or worth doing so - can't seem to find anyway to buy it online. (P.S. we're not super good wakeboarders or anything, thus there was no way I could justify paying $20k more for the 21ft wake series, although that looked awesome).

Thanks for any advice you have!!
welcome to the froum

The wakeboost is a surf enhancement which you will not use for wakeboarding. I would suggest cobra fins with fangs. For low speed steering and for at speed help as well.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The best advice I can give you is to sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself.

This sounds cliche, but for me it took a while before I got to the point I wasn’t always worried about something on the boat. Be protective and don’t let it get abused/neglected, but don’t get anxious and let it spoil your time on the water :)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations in the new boat! I hope you have a safe, wonderful, and memorable season.

As for watersports. I'm afraid any if the shapers won't be very effective without ballast. The one that's going to be most effective in your situation is the custom transom ballast bag from Gantlin Products.

Another great product is the Ridesteady GPS speed control. It'll also sync the RPMs of your twin engines FULL TIME not just during watersports.

There's a hope of a group buy here:

I'm a watersports dealer. My spring inventory of wakeboards will be in next month. I've got several options from O'Brien on their way in. If your interested, message me and I can give you pricing and a custom discount code. We also have ropes.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats on the new boat and :Welcome: to the best forums on the interwebs, jump on in here everyone is great and willing to help and spend your money ;)

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations and I have the 2018 version. Definitely start a pre launch and post launch checklist so you remember all that you need to during the frenzy, especially as a new boat owner. With a checklist you will be sure to remember to put in the drain plug, clean out plugs, bring the boat keys, etc. Start a list and attached is a sample that I got from this site awhile ago

Attachments

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
welcome to the froum

The wakeboost is a surf enhancement which you will not use for wakeboarding. I would suggest cobra fins with fangs. For low speed steering and for at speed help as well.
That wasn't on my radar. So are fins/fangs really that helpful on the 2019/2020 Yamahas? I thought that was only on the older jet boats.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations and I have the 2018 version. Definitely start a pre launch and post launch checklist so you remember all that you need to during the frenzy, especially as a new boat owner. With a checklist you will be sure to remember to put in the drain plug, clean out plugs, bring the boat keys, etc. Start a list and attached is a sample that I got from this site awhile ago
Thanks for the checklist!!

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations in the new boat! I hope you have a safe, wonderful, and memorable season.

As for watersports. I'm afraid any if the shapers won't be very effective without ballast. The one that's going to be most effective in your situation is the custom transom ballast bag from Gantlin Products.

Another great product is the Ridesteady GPS speed control. It'll also sync the RPMs of your twin engines FULL TIME not just during watersports.

There's a hope of a group buy here:

I'm a watersports dealer. My spring inventory of wakeboards will be in next month. I've got several options from O'Brien on their way in. If your interested, message me and I can give you pricing and a custom discount code. We also have ropes.
Thanks J-Rad. So probably a dumb question, but why would I want to sync my engine rpms? Does that mean when you have it on you can't adjust the throttles independently? Isn't being able to use the different throttles part of the fun of this boat with steering and doing sharp turns? I have never driven one yet obviously. :)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks J-Rad. So probably a dumb question, but why would I want to sync my engine rpms? Does that mean when you have it on you can't adjust the throttles independently? Isn't being able to use the different throttles part of the fun of this boat with steering and doing sharp turns? I have never driven one yet obviously. :)
The system engine synchronization feature is only active at speeds over 8mph, so maneuvering with independent throttles around the dock is normal. You can always override it by offsetting the throttles from one another, as the system will only keep them in sync within a certain percentage of each other. It's very nice to have them humming in harmony while cruising.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That wasn't on my radar. So are fins/fangs really that helpful on the 2019/2020 Yamahas? I thought that was only on the older jet boats.
You have the ak . (Articulating keel) in short yes. If you search fins, I think you will have your answer.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome!

My advice:
  • For your first time out, see if you can find a friend who has boated and trailered a lot to go with you.
  • Take a week day off so you go when it isnt crowded.
  • Take it nice and slow...(thus the suggestion for weekday outing).
  • Buy only the essentials first. Once you have the boat, then you can be the judge of what you need/want.
  • Remember it's supposed to be fun....dont let the stress on initial trips get to you. Relax and enjoy (another reason for bullet #1).
  • Dont take pets on the first outing.
  • Heck....even young kids can be a major distraction (but that's a tough one when it comes to making memories with them) bring an older family member to handle them while setup is underway.
  • That checklist is helpful! My checklist has saved many a day! Have one for before you leave the house! Keys, towels, cooler, music, etc...
And yeah....post some photos!

dabomb6608

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Congrats. If first time boater, on top of what others have mentioned I highly recommend finding and taking a boating safety course. For you, your families, and others safety. You've got an expensive toy and a lot of responsibility as captain.

Ducrotchy1098

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For me it was getting into a routine with pre-launch, the most important event in any boating scenario. Fuel, batteries, drain plugs, safety equipment etc. Once your settled into a rhythm everyone else will feed off of you, if your rattled and chaotic it will set the tone for the day. I guess what I'm getting at is be prepared mentally. Feeling confident will exponentially increase your boating adventures and experiences. The toys, (tubes, boards, skis) are just a multiplier of that.
Welcome to the fun!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I too am entering boating for the first time after owning other toys in the past (Waverunner/Snowmobiles etc.). VERY excited to learn more from the forum and enjoy time out on the water in a responsible manner:thumbsup:

Picking up our 2018 AR 210 next week and hope to be out on the water, on a week day, in a few weeks. Want to get comfortable with the routine and the boat before it gets busy out there.

Thanks all for your tips and resources in the thread.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I too am entering boating for the first time after owning other toys in the past (Waverunner/Snowmobiles etc.). VERY excited to learn more from the forum and enjoy time out on the water in a responsible manner:thumbsup:

Picking up our 2018 AR 210 next week and hope to be out on the water, on a week day, in a few weeks. Want to get comfortable with the routine and the boat before it gets busy out there.

Thanks all for your tips and resources in the thread.
:Welcome: to the forum!!! Tons of good stuff here. Please post some pics when you pick her up. We love pictures. Are you in New Hampshire?

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally brought home our new AR210 this week! Now just need to get her out on the water! 20200425_144215.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love that color combo!
giphy.gif