• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just installed Seadek

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Figured I would post a quick pic of my Seadek install. Once I filled the holes where the snaps were (and gave it time to dry), it probably took an hour to install, and thats with me being super picky. Turned out great! I didnt realize there were a few addon pieces that didnt come with the kit, so I ordered those right after the install.20140719_114021.jpg

Looks Great! What did you fill the snap holes with?

Looks great

Filled the holes with 5200. The Seadek actually covers most of the holes anyway.

I am a carpet fan, but I must admit it looks great. I think I will try it on the swimdeck first (when the time comes) and go from there.

Just out of curiosity, what would you have to do to pull up the fuel tank panel after installing any of these products? Does pealing the product back to expose the panel screws ruin the material?

Just out of curiosity, what would you have to do to pull up the fuel tank panel after installing any of these products? Does pealing the product back to expose the panel screws ruin the material?
The newer boats don't use the screws that are on both our boats to hold down the gas tank cover, they now use the same t-handle hatch latch that is on our ski locker and clean out hatch. You can see the gas tank t-handle latches in his first picture. I believe the Sea Deck install on our boats leaves the screws exposed.

Figured I would post a quick pic of my Seadek install. Once I filled the holes where the snaps were (and gave it time to dry), it probably took an hour to install, and thats with me being super picky. Turned out great! I didnt realize there were a few addon pieces that didnt come with the kit, so I ordered those right after the install.
INCREDIBLY super nice (and neat) install. Enjoyed seeing your craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

I wish I could have went with the gray color seadek, but brown is what I needed to match.

Im curious, why did your kit come with a two piece install for the ski locker and fuel hatch? As you can see in my pic its one large piece for each?

Also, you can see a portion of the center seat cushion piece.

Seadeck.jpg

Good ? @Durkis007
Maybe the two colors come in different widths or the factory uses scraps to complete orders. Something to consider when ordering!

Looks awesome!

Be careful with your pooling poles when your cover is on, they will leave an indent mark! I put my poles off to the side on the fiberglass in the front and back.

@Durkis007 The mats that SeaDek cuts are one piece whereas ours are either one piece or two piece. If someone requests the one piece we will cut them that way but prefer to cut in two pieces as this makes the install process easier since you're not dealing with long pieces that can get way out of whack on you by the time you get to the end of the mat. Also we are better able to nest smaller parts than larger parts on our machine.

We offer the optional mats like the captain's chair mat or the engine step over mat or head locker mat since many have expressed interest in buying the kit without those pieces to save money. I may add the captain's chair mat to the cockpit kit as a standard mat in the future, if I can get the cost of the raw materials down a bit. This would allow us to include it at the regular price. Nice install @JWPrendergast

I dont know why I didnt install sooner! Thanks Will

That stuff sure is nice. I envy you guys who aren't a cheap bastard like me and popped for that flooring.

I'll make do with the carpet for a while longer since I worked so hard to get all the blood out of it. I'm not a fan of those snaps though...100+ degree heat will turn those suckers into little red hot buttons of pain! :confused:

Back