• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keep blowing 20 amp fuse that runs Connext system 2018 242 Limited S

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I keep blowing 20 amp fuse next to the batteries, this runs my connext system. How do I find what is blowing the said fuse...Any help would be great.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would start with a meter and see how much over 20A you're pushing. Check your manual to make sure the 20A is correct.

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20 amp fuse is what is in there, I've never touched or replaced it. What will the amperage tell me..? Pardon my ignorance but I'm new to this boat maintenance and I'm taking boat out tomorrow, or at least I want to.

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
20 amp fuse is what is in there, I've never touched or replaced it. What will the amperage tell me..? Pardon my ignorance but I'm new to this boat maintenance and I'm taking boat out tomorrow, or at least I want to.
I did replace it after it had blown obviously.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I keep blowing 20 amp fuse next to the batteries, this runs my connext system. How do I find what is blowing the said fuse...Any help would be great.
Have you messed with the batteries at all before the fuse blew?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What I would check/do:

-Triple check the battery wire connections to make sure you didn't connect the batteries wrong.

-Check to make sure nothing is plugged into the 12v or USB outlets (all of them)

-Unplug the connections behind the helm and ensure they are dry. Same for the BCU under the starboard bench seat rear wall.

The only time Ive blown that fuse is when I used a high power inflator on the 12v outlet.

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What I would check/do:

-Triple check the battery wire connections to make sure you didn't connect the batteries wrong.

-Check to make sure nothing is plugged into the 12v or USB outlets (all of them)

-Unplug the connections behind the helm and ensure they are dry. Same for the BCU under the starboard bench seat rear wall.

The only time Ive blown that fuse is when I used a high power inflator on the 12v outlet.
What I would check/do:

When you say unplug connections behind the helm I should do one at a time? Some connections have in line fuses, those would not be the issue correct?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When you say unplug connections behind the helm I should do one at a time? Some connections have in line fuses, those would not be the issue correct?
The ones with inline fuses would not be the problem, but the fuse itself could be if it's full of water.

Did you have any heavy load on the 12v plug?

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No I have not...Ive never used them...unhooked everything I possibly could and still a pop fuse. I'm going to take apart all tge battery connections and look into that.. The radio controller on the back deck is not hooked into these fuses is it?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I did replace it after it had blown obviously.
I would check your battery connections for sure. Make sure they're all correct and you didn't get one backwards. Move the cables going into your switches too, maybe something is loose?

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would check your battery connections for sure. Make sure they're all correct and you didn't get one backwards. Move the cables going into your switches too, maybe something is loose?
Battery switches that is?

Brian Surat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nope nothing...still popping...all wiring is good to batteries...The VSR ground box was warm... can that go bad?
Also I did go get a new battery it was a 12 volt battery, same size, looked identical...could I have bought the wrong amperage battery?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Amperage wont matter. sounds like the battery is not connected properly if it just started after you changed the battery.