• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Ouachita, Royal, AR - Mini Gathering Sept 16th and 17th 2017

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The @Betik, @Bruce(@Rana) and @Scottintexas families are gathering on Lake Ouachita for a Saturday of water sports followed by a camp fire with smores, a night camping on an island and likely breakfast at one of the marinas.

We expect to have a great time scouting the lake for a larger gathering in 2018.

We would like to invite other area boaters to join us. It is too early to get a rain forecast but the temperatures are likely to be comfortable for swimming during the day and cool for sleeping at night. Several resorts have lodging available for $100 to $400 per night for anyone that would like to sleep indoors.

We will launch our boats Saturday morning and likely enjoy a little more time on the water on Sunday morning. This will be a school week friendly event. At this point the majority of participants are children.

Here are some pictures from a family camping trip last year. Click on them for larger versions or you can go to https://jetboaters.net/threads/camping-on-lake-ouachita.11542/ to see more.

IMG_6133.jpg IMG_6137.jpg IMG_6152.jpg IMG_6189.jpg

Here is a good video showcasing the lake

Tagging members in the area.
@colt45, @swatski, @AR036DMX, @Chadburgess2003, @Backwash, @Ben West, @gmb501, @Tbone, @Lrfd jet boater, @LTM1964, @T0jo, @clint6760, @Skymonkey, @hayjay, @Stevenpigsooie, @LRG8668, @OzarkGunGuy, @Woodchuck, @Lstorey89, @gunnerson, @Jim Robeson, @Higgy, @M@__, @Jwiley, @ScottyOK, @ET Fisk/Ski, @zilla2, @Ric Moseley, @Dwane, @06CCDMAX, @Duff, @ExATCer, @Venkman, @SPCAS, @Controlled Chaos, @Jaycav.

You can read more about Lake Ouachita at https://jetboaters.net/threads/lake-ouachita-royal-ar.9/

Last edited:

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That lake is on my to do list. Possibly next summer.. Ill be in NOLA for U2 on those dates.

Lstorey89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will definitely be looking into it. Unfortunately, its difficult for me to plan vacations (or any plans for that matter) due to my profession and being on the road for it so much. If I am off though, there shouldnt be any reason for me to not make it!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Lstorey89, we would be happy to have you. If you can't make it we will know that you are out there taking care of the rest of us somewhere. Either way it works out, thank you for what you do!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The forecast for the 16th is a high of 85, low of 61, low winds and clear skies. If that holds it should be a great day on the water followed by some amazing stargazing.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10 days out - the weather still looks great!

I anticipate arriving on Friday between 5-8pm, we'll eat dinner on the road and can adjust arrival as needed, I'd just like to get most of the way during normal hours in case I have any problems Betik will have plenty of time to rescue me.

I think Sat lunch we will just plan on sandwiches, Sat dinner just hot dogs on the fire to make it easy (I'll bring Smore's material for everybody) and Sunday breakfast/brunch at the restaurant,

Does anyone care about surfing, knee boards, wake boards? if you do I'd glad to bring my boards and bags but if not I'll probably leave them at home and just let the kids ride the tubes

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please do offer me the opportunity to be a hero. LOL

We are planing on leaving at around 5pm and try to average 70mpg. Hopefully we only need to make only one stop for fuel.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce do I need to get a new anchor for this trip or do you think I will be okay with the box anchor that I have now?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas, @Betik, Arriving at 5 sounds great. Whoever arrives first gets to park in the grass. The other can park on concrete. There is plenty of room to turn around at my house.

Since you guys are arriving early, lets have dinner at my house. Does everyone eat fajitas and cheese dip? Anyone have food allergies? That is something I can grill easily without getting in @Rana's way.

We could grab breakfast on the way to the lake on Saturday morning..

Betik, your box anchor will be fine. An anchor buddy would be convenient if you do not have one. And it would be good to have a 50+ foot rope for tying to the shore.

The current forecast is a high of 87 and a low of 64 with clear skies all weekend.

Scott, my kids are not yet into boarding or really even into tubing.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce actually we are planing on leaving around 5pm. Hana is in school until 3pm, so the earliest we could bail out will be 3:30pm. Both Claire and I have our calendars blocked but the way our work is that can change on Friday afternoon.
So it is fair to say that we might not be able to make it for diner. One suggestion that I would like to make though is, that before Scot starts driving I can make sure that to deliver dish for yall to have on our absence. Offering both food and shelter is just not right. You can let me offer some more tangible. Being a clown can get me only that far.

I will buy the anchor body rope this weekend as I am prepping the boat for the trip. I also have additional rope that is more than 50 for spike anchor. So in total I should have 3 lines that are 50feet of more.

@Scottintexas I assume you are taking I-30 north correct ? We will probably take 380 to Greenville and then hop on I-30. It sounds like we will be 3 hour behind you, but on Sunday we will make a hell of caravan :winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik, when I drove from your place to mine I ended up taking a secenic route on highway 70 through Oklahoma. That is how I go to
Texoma and highway 70 gets you to within six miles and three turns from my house. If I was going to Dallas or DFW I would take I30.

If you guys eat fajitas there will be leftovers when you arrive.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce If I was driving the Prius definitly would take 70. But I am not sure about towing the boat on the back roads. My plan is to get on I-30 and gun it.

Please dont worry about the good, we eat anything, we are there for the company.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This was taken, by a friend, this morning on Lake Ouachita. @Betik, @Scottintexas it will be cool Saturday night and Sunday morning please bring jackets for your crews.

IMG_1836.JPG

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Besides tent and mattresses shouldn't we bring other camping equipment ?
Also what kind of food supplies you would recommend for Saturday /msunday ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Besides tent and mattresses shouldn't we bring other camping equipment ?
Also what kind of food supplies you would recommend for Saturday /msunday ?
You will want blankets or sleeping bags. The low is supposed to be around 68 so they do not need to be too heavy.

Folding chairs are nice and inexpensive. An ice chest makes a nice alternative seat.

I will have a hand saw and hatchet for gathering firewood. No need to duplicate that.

As for food Scott is planning on sandwiches for lunch on Saturday and hot dogs to cook on the fire for dinner. I will do the same. You may want paper plates or cups.

I was thinking that we could have a quick breakfast on the way to the lake on Saturday morning then Sunday morning we can take a 10 mile boat ride to Mountain Harbor for breakfast and bathrooms. It should be a nice but cool boat ride in still water. We can break camp before or after breakfast dependent on how much of a hurry you guys are in.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds good.
We are flexible on Sunday.

Bruce