• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Latest Mod...<adding cupholders>

duanepillar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Very nice mod. Love the garbage bag idea!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is an old post of mine that I made on "another" site back in 2009:

So I have always been disappointed that there are no cupholders or speakers on the rear swimdeck of the Yamaha boats. I have always wanted to change both of those things. I got excited for a day or two when the new 2010s came out with both items standard on the Limited versions. I thought I was going to sell mine and get a new one, but I quickly came back down to Earth and realized that I would be loosing out based on the boat prices today.

Anyhow, I started with inexpensive project. I installed cupholders in the rear at the ends of the swim deck. I got cupholders that have a nipple at the bottom that a 3/8 hose can hook up to for drainage. I tied in the drainage to the drainage of the clean out compartment. Since the cleanout compartment drainage hose is 3/4, I had to use a few fittings to go from 3/8 to 3/4. Take a look at the following pictures. I still have to seal with 3M and clean her up. I hope to install rear platform speakers over the winter, similar to Sheboat's.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the cup holders on the swim platform. I might have to copy you on that one.

I know you mentioned that you got your adjustable hole saw at Harbor Freight. Here's a pic of the hole saw that I bought at Harbor Freight for under $10. I just thought that I'd post it for the guys that were wondering. However, I don't see it on their web site anymore. But perhaps somebody knows of another source.

CupHolderDrill.JPG

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I love the cup holders on the swim platform. I might have to copy you on that one.

I know you mentioned that you got your adjustable hole saw at Harbor Freight. Here's a pic of the hole saw that I bought at Harbor Freight for under $10. I just thought that I'd post it for the guys that were wondering. However, I don't see it on their web site anymore. But perhaps somebody knows of another source.

View attachment 2635
Yeah, I couldn't find it on their site either, but bought one a few years ago, and went to the store, and they still have them... Unfortunately, I did have to go buy an actual 3 3/4" hole saw for the swim deck half way through... The harbor freight one doesn't go deep enough to cut all the way through on the 210 deck..

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I couldn't find it on their site either, but bought one a few years ago, and went to the store, and they still have them... Unfortunately, I did have to go buy an actual 3 3/4" hole saw for the swim deck half way through... The harbor freight one doesn't go deep enough to cut all the way through on the 210 deck..
That's a bummer about needing to buy the additional hole saw. But thanks for letting me know. I hate starting a project that I can't finish right away because of something like that.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jim Robeson yeah. That's it. I couldn't find that on a search. I wonder why.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@itsdgm ... probably the same reason I couldn't find it at first. They call it a "circle cutter". I was looking for an adjustable hole saw.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Your going to want to silicone them in. Even though they may fit snug today...blowing out while towing is all too common. Also, the hull flexes infer strain, and that could crack the plastic cupholders and bend the stainless ones if they are too right a fit. This is an extreme situation, but stock cupholders don't bind when installed and there is a little clearance to get them in and out without a hammer.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do the cupholders on the swim platform fill up w/water when you stop quickly?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I might want to add them to the swim deck....if I can get up the nerve to punch a couple of holes in the boat

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Not sure. Haven't hit the lake yet this season... they do have the drain holes in them, ands that area leads to the bilge, so that little bit probably wouldn't be a big deal. If so, plug them, and the the first drink will push the water out of them. We will see...

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine are plumbed into the drainage system at the little nipples at the bottom of the cup-holders, so any water that fills the cup-holders drain out. I attached the drain to the same one as the clean-out tray.

ratchetdu

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Mine are plumbed into the drainage system at the little nipples at the bottom of the cup-holders, so any water that fills the cup-holders drain out. I attached the drain to the same one as the clean-out tray.
Thats a fantastic idea and didn't even think of that...

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thats a fantastic idea and didn't even think of that...
I placed noodles cut to size that fit in the swimdeck cupholders while underway, then remove them when we are ready to chill and have a few drinks. This solves water filling the cupholders.

Last edited:

justintran

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did this on my 210. Pretty easy and handy to have. Recommend taping a trash bag underneath when drilling, it will make cleanup,easier.
what if when you wash your boat,water would not leak into the cup holder and wet your storage compartment?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@justintran For the edges - When I placed the cupholder I added a small bead of silicone around it to make it waterproof. Also you would have to get a lot of water in that (rather awkward) spot to leak even if silicon was not used. For the drain - I also beaded the drain hole with silicone and just wiped out any excess from above. You could get quite a bit of water in there if you let the hose go crazy up there. Again, it would be rare to get excess water in that spot since it is protected somewhat by the windshield.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm trying to watch this thread so that I can add cup holders when I take the boat out of storage in a couple weeks....

The only option I have is to "unwatch thread", which makes me think that I'm watching it, yet when I look at my watched threads this one is not on the list?

Any ideas??

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@woodard1983 ,
When you go to your Watched Threads, look at the bottom for "Show all watched threads".

By default it only shows you watched threads that have replies.

watch.jpg