• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loose bow cleat 2019 Yamaha 242x

Yup.....32mm or 1 1/4 inch deep socket.20220611_102635.jpg

Unless you have mirrors or a second set of eyes to lay on the actual bolts; you’ll have to remove more than just the speaker itself it will require removal of most of that sides interior...
How do I remove the right side interior seat-back cushion to access the right bow cleat? There are screws at the bottom but none at the top of the upholstered cushion. Neither the dealer nor Yamaha customer service has been able to tell me how to remove that interior panel containing the seat-back cushion.

If there is a seat back near there remove it and drill a big hole msking sure the seat back will cover the hole when you are done. I did this to access the bolts when I installed a tower.
Anyone know how to remove the seat back near the right front cleat? (2019 212 Limited S)

I don’t know firsthand, but I’ve seen where the top of a seat back is held by a hook, so if you unscrew the bottom you may be able lift the seat back up and off.

Thanks. My guess was that is the case, or else maybe velcro holding the top of the panel.

I've been reluctant to remove the screws until I could be sure what else was holding the cushioned panel.

If you go onto a parts website (Yamaha Parts, Suzuki Parts, Husqvarna Parts Online or similar), they usually have breakout diagrams and you can see what parts are involved. If the top one is called a 'hook' and looks hookish, that can give you a significant clue.

Back