• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lurker turned owner

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As the title states, fairly new jet boat owner with an overdue notice to this community. We purchased a used 2020 242SE with 47 hours back on Labor Day of 2021 and have been thoroughly enjoying it ever since. I started researching the Yamaha's, mainly on this wonderful forum, back in 2019/early 2020 and then some pandemic came calling. It only took us (1) crack at purchasing a used Yammy thru a crooked consignment broker/boat detailer (story for another time) and (2) dealer canceled deposits on new boats before finally finding "the one" down in FL. She was just in need of some TLC and a good OCD style cleaning. Previous owner also included the Magma grill (hasn't been used) and the OEM mooring cover. She's now in a covered wet slip with a Hydro Hoist and we are looking forward to our first full season on Lake Lanier (just north of ATL). Hope to meet any other JB locals out there someday !

Here's list of our mods/upgrades so far...and yes, will try to upload more photos at some point. All of these thanks to research on this forum !!
1. Oil change and plugs at 50 hours​
2. Rebuilt both main bunks on trailer - (1) was broken. Used the Overton's 12x12 marine carpet​
3. Took to local gelcoat repair company for minor repairs at bow and on transom​
4. Added JBP TV's​
5. Added add'l seadek on both side of anchor locker, swim platform corners and step over​
6. Installed Thetford porta potty​
7. Installed Stoltz bow roller​
8. Removed WetSounds OEM amp and replaced with Arc Audio X2 1100.5 - still hoping to dig into this more...new wiring harness, re-wiring speakers and better Connext functionality with balance/fade​
9. Installed underwater LED transom lights​
10. Installed NOCO GENPRO10x2 and NOCO battery boxes​
IMG-1730.JPGIMG-1728.JPGIMG-1542.JPG65542771157--1164E590-264A-4C2C-858A-2D9789101F7D.JPGIMG-1396.JPGIMG-1382.JPGIMG-1370.JPG

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
:Welcome::Welcome::Welcome: Gorgeous boat. I would die for a covered lift like that. Welcome to the best boaters forum in the world.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Removed WetSounds OEM amp and replaced with Arc Audio X2 1100.5 - still hoping to dig into this more...new wiring harness, re-wiring speakers and better Connext functionality with balance/fade​
what is wrong with the wetsounds system?

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
dealer canceled deposits on new boats before finally finding "the one" down in FL.
Can you speak to this in more detail? I've been looking at their 25' models, saw one at a boat show and they said that it was sold but that I could add my name to the list of 7 people who wanted one. I'm not in a hurry, as I currently have a boat, so I figured I could pay a deposit and in about 12 months have my new boat. What happened wrt your putting a deposit down on a new one?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome neighbor. What marina?

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome::Welcome::Welcome: Gorgeous boat. I would die for a covered lift like that. Welcome to the best boaters forum in the world.
Many thanks. I’m taking John Hammond’s advice on this one 😎

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
what is wrong with the wetsounds system?
Nothing technically wrong with it, just lacks any fine tuning ability/customization. There are other threads discussing the DSP amp Yamaha uses. Great stock speakers that now sound much better.

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can you speak to this in more detail? I've been looking at their 25' models, saw one at a boat show and they said that it was sold but that I could add my name to the list of 7 people who wanted one. I'm not in a hurry, as I currently have a boat, so I figured I could pay a deposit and in about 12 months have my new boat. What happened wrt your putting a deposit down on a new one?
We had deposits down during COVID production. We initially were just looking at a 2021 AR250. Yamaha canceled orders since they couldn’t keep up with their production and boat demands. The used market was crazy so we waited and we’re lucky enough to find ours. It’s probably improved since our experience. Good luck with your eventual purchase!

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome neighbor. What marina?
Port Royale - are you also there ? Long waiting lists everywhere but we love their amenities. We lucked out with the new dock 1 they built-someone backed out.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Port Royale - are you also there ? Long waiting lists everywhere but we love their amenities. We lucked out with the new dock 1 they built-someone backed out.
Yeah. D dock. I love the central location. Head North for chill time, head south for party and cruiser wakes lol

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve seen more than a few Yammys on all the docks. True statement on lake location. Crazy how different it is.
Will have to meet up sometime.

SunnyD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I knew those slips looked familiar. I'm at Port Royale too. Dry stack now, but moving into G1 in April. I just purchased an older hydrohoist, (looks like yours, but older) Probably paid too much, but seems like those things should last forever.

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I knew those slips looked familiar. I'm at Port Royale too. Dry stack now, but moving into G1 in April. I just purchased an older hydrohoist, (looks like yours, but older) Probably paid too much, but seems like those things should last forever.
I see your sig has same year/same boat?!? Curious on dry stacking procedure with that big tower. I too looked for used lift and couldn’t find one. Bought new just before price increase 👍 and hope it lasts forever. Well built for sure.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I see your sig has same year/same boat?!? Curious on dry stacking procedure with that big tower. I too looked for used lift and couldn’t find one. Bought new just before price increase 👍 and hope it lasts forever. Well built for sure.
I dry stacked for a few months. No issues with the tower at all. But wet slip with a lift is the life! Short actually having a lake house, but we all know how crazy the Lanier market is right now

SunnyD

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yup, got my 2020 242se last May with 14 hours on it (got very lucky). Got lucky too with the wet slip opening up with the owner selling his lift.
Dry stack is convenient, but the boat takes a beating. I had to pay more because of the tower, almost wet slip price. The tower doesn't come down as advertised. Too much spring tension.

I'm curious, did you have the option of configuring the lift for stern in first?

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sometimes better to be lucky ! Heard/read this model boat might cost more since the towers don't fully collapse. We were either going to wet slip or keeping on trailer in covered storage.

And yes Tabb...lake property is insane right now...unfortunately, that was never in the cards...

We did have the option for stern first. Always docked that way before installing the lift. Was going to cost more $$ since the drop arms need to be longer and configured differently. The slip right across from us has a stern in. I may be 2nd guessing my decision down the road, but so far we've made it work.

notaclue

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats....glad you found the forum helpful in your decision
Many thanks Julian. RobbieO was right...best boaters forum in the world 🙌🙌🙌

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations and have fun! Be safe!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sometimes better to be lucky ! Heard/read this model boat might cost more since the towers don't fully collapse. We were either going to wet slip or keeping on trailer in covered storage.

And yes Tabb...lake property is insane right now...unfortunately, that was never in the cards...

We did have the option for stern first. Always docked that way before installing the lift. Was going to cost more $$ since the drop arms need to be longer and configured differently. The slip right across from us has a stern in. I may be 2nd guessing my decision down the road, but so far we've made it work.
for what it's worth, I dock stern in but was initially installed bow in. I don't know if I'm causing any damage to the lift but the boat seems happy. And boarding is soooo much better.

That being said. I can only do that after installing the lateral thrusters. Before I sucked at backing in