• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Made in the USA

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg Somebody lost they're card!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 3836 Somebody lost they're card!
Unions, at ONE time loooong ago had a useful purpose. . . . . Since then they have turned into a useless extension of the Democratic party, that has significantly damaged this country financially and otherwise. In MANY instances, UNIONs (not all union employees) provide safe harbor for LAZY workers that now master the system of getting by instead of their trade.

All those things outlined on the "Union Card" (3 of which I don't get, nor do I need) were won LONG ago. Unions have outlived they usefulness, they are now a drain on the economy and the country like a cancerous tumor to a dying patient. Many realize this, which is why Unions membership is floundering.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nudge acknowledged.

Made in the USA is VERY difficult to find nowadays.

However, when I have a choice to spend a little more to buy made in the USA, as long as the quality is on par or better I'd spring for US made products first for sure.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nudge acknowledged.

Made in the USA is VERY difficult to find nowadays.

However, when I have a choice to spend a little more to buy made in the USA, as long as the quality is on par or better I'd spring for US made products first for sure.
Recent Example, I purchased Weathertech Floorliners for my new tow vehicle. Way more expensive than other floor mats, but better quality, and made in the USA.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No harm meant. If no one stood firm on their beliefs we would fall for everything!

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Recent Example, I purchased Weathertech Floorliners for my new tow vehicle. Way more expensive than other floor mats, but better quality, and made in the USA.
I also bought Weathertech liners 6 years ago for my 2008 Avalanche. When I was shopping for a new truck last summer, and settled on the 2013 GMC Sierra, I realized that the cockpit was exactly the same. So, I kept my liners and put them in the new truck. They still look and function as if they were new. Love them, especially with the snow/ice and getting in the truck at the boat ramp with salt water dripping off my feet/legs.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just paid over triple the India/China rate for embroidery digitization of the Jetboater logo to have it done in the USA as the quality of the offshore work is crap. $70 US, $15-20 offshore. So you buy Jetboaters.net SWAG and you buy American (partly).... :)

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My business isWholesaling/importing. I import from China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Indonesia and South America.

1) Labor rates in China have rose steadily over the last 11 years, so products are not as cheap as they used to be there. SO I used my Smarts I got from an America College and now buy from Vietnam.

2) They do have cheap POS crap you can buy in China. The caveat here is you get what you pay for. Pay cheap get cheap product, pay good get good product.

3) Although 90% of the items I sell are not made in America I DO Employ Americans at my business so buying things from me helps me and my employees pay our American Mortgage and American taxes among many other American things.

So to the guy the other day with the Corvette that said "Buy American" on your license plate frame. Did you know you have Yokohama Tires? And no Yokohama is not a place in Ohio!

It's a Global Economy, lets get used to it.

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think running a business is a little different, as you have to sell to consumer demand. If everyone was more devoted to buying American made products, I have a hunch that @drjames would not quit wholesaling product, but certainly may obtain more domestic suppliers. It is ultimately the end user that will have to determine that what gets purchased is Made In America. That was one of the key items from page one of this thread, that Walmart was going to start making a conscious effort to stock and hopefully sell more US made product.

So could the government do anything to assist in driving the " buy US" concept? Could tax credit's be issued in some manner? We all know that a healthy economy starts with people working and if people were actively looking at buying American made products, would that not put more people to work?

Last edited:

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I think we all contribute to the economy by just buying our boats :winkingthumbsup", just cleaning mine the other day I noticed a few reminders ;)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just read this post and I apologize for going off topic, but I'm represented by a union and yes, I served in the military too. If anyone believes unions have outlived their usefulness, then see what will happen to a so-called good job when union existence is gone. Unions are a necessary evil as they keep companies in check with how they treat their employees. Trust me, those of us in unions are disappointed at times with having to pay dues each month and not see the results we would like. Companies paint unions as the reason they have to send jobs overseas or raise prices on their products, but in truth a great deal of greed from corporate big wigs are why many companies struggle. Unions have their faults, but without them, who will fight for the American worker? Surely not out our so called politicians.

States like my home state of South Carolina, which is a right to work state are thriving because they pay fairly low wages to their employees. In addition, many companies there will hire temps instead of full time employees, which can hurt a business. Temps are less likely to do quality work since they know that any day could be their last or know the company is not interested in hiring them full time. That all translates into many Americans, me included, to buy foreign. It is sad when we think of a Mercedes Benz or Toyota, the first thing that comes to mind is quality, but mention Dodge or Chevy and a whole different thought comes to mind. Take some of our boats as an example with the oil cooler bolts being over tightened at the factory on the 240 series boats. No excuse for it and I have to wonder how that was allowed to happen. Were the employees temps, union represented, just didn't care or all of the above. Now a days many people aren't happy with their jobs and it shows in the end product we all buy and knowing this, I am hesitant to buy American.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so... is there a "poll" question here or is this a topic? ... i'm enjoying the topic because it hits home...

Personally... I look for locally made and, perhaps stupidly, I will pay a little more for the home grown product... yes, we just bought a Lexus, but it is made here in Canada >>> jobs.

Further, my wife and I often will buy items from local shops rather than 'big box".... supporting the local business is important ... again, you might pay more, but it makes us feel good.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speaking of made in the USA. . . . . My veve guides arrived today!

20140512_152714.jpg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just noticed this thread. Yes I prefer to buy Made In America and I will pay more for the item. Of course this can't be done in all cases, however, my reason is simple: I prefer to see our Countrymen working rather then jobs moving overseas. I have always found it interesting how many people will buy gifts and nicknacks when on vacation that are made in a foreign country and not the location they are visiting.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few years ago there was an industrial region in china named oosa but spelt USA. Made in USA was on their equipment. Tricky. Cam.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A few years ago there was an industrial region in china named oosa but spelt USA. Made in USA was on their equipment. Tricky. Cam.
Same kinda trick here, a food wholesale distributor has a brand called "Homemade"
Restaurants then chalk up on their board, homemade burgers, homemade chicken pie, I fell for it until I tasted the burger :yuck:.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would love to see a documentary regarding the export of technology, equipment, expertise and raw materials to China to assist that country in developing industries that we now MUST purchase from. Corporate greed is the motivator for cheaper products and services ... I would say we did this to ourselves.