• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Major Upgrade....

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We took advantage of the 2.99 Yamaha financing and traded the much enjoyed SX192 in at Wedowee Marine for a 2014 242 limited. My son (his 13th birthday is Tuesday) and I picked the boat up yesterday and splashed her for the first time today around noon. He figured that it was a pretty cool early birthday present although he said that he didn't want the monthly payments.
What a difference between the 192 and the 242! The two boats couldn't be anymore different. The 192 was nimble and light. The 242 feels so much heavier and more powerful. I enjoyed the speed and handling of the 192, what a great little boat. But the 242 feels so solid and comfortable and she is fast and quick out of the hole for her size.
Here she is at rest in her slip on Allatoona after a long afternoon of boating today.
We got through the engine break in period then of course had to see how she ran at WOT. No disappointment!
image.jpg

JDSCHMOO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome! Congratulations!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice upgrade!! Congratulations! !

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice!!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cover those fenders. They will scuff that black hull. Ask me how I know. :)

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! Congrats. :winkingthumbsup"

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Cover those fenders. They will scuff that black hull. Ask me how I know. :)
Thanks for the tip on the fender scuffs.
With nearly 1/3 more boat to maneuver now I'm definitely bouncing off the fenders especially backing into the slip!
Any recommendations on fender coverings?

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip on the fender scuffs.
With nearly 1/3 more boat to maneuver now I'm definitely bouncing off the fenders especially backing into the slip!
Any recommendations on fender coverings?
The recommendations I got from the local guys were to go to JoAnn and get a bunch of polar fleece in the color you want then make tubes out of it with ties at either end to cinch it down. That sounded like a whole lot of work to me so I just went with the $25 ones from West Marine. You could probably make your own for the cost of 1 from the store but you need time and talent.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat - and WHERE you purchased it.
Wedowee Marine is fast becoming "THE PLACE" on the East Coast to buy a Yamaha Jet Boats (they also offer 8 other brands of boats) !!!!
People think this dealer or that dealer is "good" but they ain't never (that's referred to as a double negative - LOL !@) sat down and talked boats with Randy Morris, owner pf Wedowee. Randy's approach is all different !!!! Anyone who wants to talk to Randy - Call his CELL PHONE: (404) 307-3707. You'll be VERY surprised and very pleased once you do talk with him. And ask Randy how to save sales tax in your state. I'll let him explain that to you. If we sound like Randy's advertising executive, we aren't. We have just became pretty good friends with Randy and Kathy, and sent them a lot of business - All of whom have thanked me for the GRACIOUS way they were handled, and the great deals they received.

Many Best Wishes again on your new boat. Looking forward to see many more photos as your Create Memories in your killer 242 LS !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very exciting to get a new toy! Congratulations!!