• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Manhattan & Liberty Statue

Harry SL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi

I am planning to take the Yamaha AR 210 to Palisade park and launch under George Washington Bridge to Hudson river and go to down town Manhatan and close to Liberty Statue on this July 4th, by gods grace.. need your advise if you have navigated the Manhattan waters before..my boat is Yamaha AR210 21 foot

1) any advise what to do and what not to do ?

2) are there any restriction on manhattan downtown areas in the water ?

3) Can the 21 foot boat handle the wake ? Hudson river is under GWE bridge is moderate wake, i used to take my 17 foot boat before and didn't have any issue. but didn't go all the way down to downtown manhattan

4) GWE has lot of traffic to cross from bronx, are there any other better place to launch that is close to libety statue from either brooklyn or queens or bronx ? I come from long island and don't want to do a very long trip on the open ocean to get there.

thanks much...

Happy 4th of July

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The wake just north of the statue can get a bit rough, but nothing your boat can't handle. Watch out for traffic, just the other day a jet ski hit a boat and the skier got hurt pretty bad, not even sure if he lived. You can go all around manhattan. It's a great trip.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
so that sounds pretty awesome and I would be interested in doing the same.

So what does a day look like doing that. Get there around 10am, launch the boat, map out a few places to eat and relax. I wonder what fuel costs around manhattan?

What are you going to do to clean the motors? Just flush everything later than night when you get home?

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just watch the tide, if you launch under George W Bridge and the tide goes out you won't be able to retrieve your boat , I would suggest launching and retrieving from Liberty State Park Marina its closes at 10 pm , 25 $ to park your trailer

tob1y2k7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you don't mid me asking, there did you launch from? thinking of launching from GW.
Thanks.

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Liberty State Park Marina is where you should launch a boat, GW is for the jetski never seen any boats launch from there

tob1y2k7

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I launched my jetski 8 years ago and change to 19 foot bayliner and launched ok seem few seadoo but not sure on the 21..I do remember retrieving was discussing stuff floating and get my feet wet:depressed:.

Last edited:

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If launching in Liberty state park there is a jetty about 200 yard parallel to boat parking. At high tide it’s not visible make sure you clear that before making turns. Also check Bayonne park, it is free to launch there but it’s limited parking when I lived there years ago, there is not a lot of boat so it’s ok but I’m not sure now it was 15 years ago. Do not go too close to Statue of Liberty it’s 500 yards restriction not sure if that was lifted or not on private vessel. If u hear 3 loud horn states island ferry about to pull out. Stay far from ferry terminal so you have room to maneuver.