• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Missing In action

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

I want to apologize for being MIA for the last months. I've been going through a really bad 12 month stint.

In September and October I lost both of my best friends to cancer. Then in October I lost my Grandmother that has been my everything, and raised me. During all of this, I got served with divorce papers, and basically kicked out of my home. I usually dont put my shit out there, but I dont want everyone to think I have abandoned the section or site.

Things are starting to look up, and I am slowly getting back on my feet. My Scarab, and Yamaha have treated me incredible, and have provided me with much needed away time. This jetboat family has been awesome and very supportive. @Slugger55 , @veedubtek Thanks for reaching out!!!

I will soon be back on the saddle. There are some planned changes to the boat, and Im excited to share them with all of you.

Here is one of my changes. I traded down to this 18' Colorado. It has been a dream, drives incredible, and can tow the crap out of this boat all getting 25mpg average. I am impressed, and my pocket bookIMG_1928.JPG thanks me too,lol.

Attachments

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your troubles but glad to hear that things are turning around. Is the Colorado a diesel or gasoline?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We're hear for ya brother! Boy I sure do like them Colorado's for some reason.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about your troubles but glad to hear that things are turning around. Is the Colorado a diesel or gasoline?
Mine is the V6. It actually switches to 4cyl on the hwy, and it drives so refined, the engine is so strong. This one also has the Z71 package which has the auto diff lock. Very nice, and I can tell you IT WORKS!. I would have gone for the diesel, but I wanted some HP, and the 700lbs towing difference wasn't worth the 3k. The radio in this truck is the best I have ever seen on an OEM system. The Bose blows the doors off this thing. Amazing little truck.

We're hear for ya brother! Boy I sure do like them Colorado's for some reason.
Thanks man!! The Colorado, and the new Canyon are awesome man. I just liked the Chevy exterior better.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear about all those things happening all together. Hope things get better for you. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except bears, they just kill you.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Wow....thats a lot to go thru....keep your spirit up!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yow. That's a lot to deal with in a short period of time.

It sounds like things are turning around - I'm glad to hear that.

I know it will take a while to sort it all out mentally, but remember: This too shall pass.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, what a tough time. Hope things are on the way up!!!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry to hear of your struggles Having been through a lot of what you described and understanding the importance of moving on and relaxing on the water to unwind, I am enjoying the remainder of my life having lived nearly 66 years and marking my own trail and being true to myself , kissing no one's ass and being willing to deal with the detractors in the process.
All the things you are experiencing will be learning experiences and allow you to learn more about your self and your capabilities if you let them . Sounds like you are dealing with the problems and making headway to a more stabile situation. loosing friends and family is part of life, To this day I find myself thinking about many of my lost people and I honestly believe they are always there for you if you just reach out and ask they will show you support and you will know when they help you . Just be true to yourself and your friends will always be there for you past and present.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad you checked in and shared your troubles, life is hard but you have to keep finding your way, except for the bears, they tell you the way to go (the opposite way),

Keep going for another day, congratulations on the truck, I like those and really thought about the diesel,

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@ScarabMike You're back in the saddle and things happen for a reason. Ride the wave and it will all work out. Call if you need anything!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike keep your head up brother. Let me know if you need anything. . . . S/F

a4effort

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
F5D13EBB-CEEA-40E8-8061-E42974F6433A.jpeg 9FAF2073-733A-442B-AF55-DC3D62039EA0.jpeg My best to you as you navigate life’s rough sea. I recently purchased the Canyon diesel and love everything about it. Just an FYI I purchased high end BORA spacers, 1.5” and I’m super happy with look. It’s an inexpensive way to give the truck a more aggressive stance.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear of the troubles. Take care of yourself first, and the rest will fall in line soon enough. Most importantly (and I think you're already doing this) keep your head up, I've always found a positive attitude goes further than you think!

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear about all those things happening all together. Hope things get better for you. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except bears, they just kill you.
Or a really messed up set of coping mechanisms.....ask me how I know :D :D

I considered a Colorado. Liked them. But the interior felt tiny to me compared to the fullsize trucks. I'm 6'2-240lbs or so and like my space :D

James McDougall

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
You guys are incredible!!!! Ive been catching up on some PMs and posts, so If I didnt answer a question please reach out to me again.
Sorry for your losses. On the bright side, that's an awesome little truck you got yourself!! and I love your orange Scarab!! It's my favourite colour. It was unavailable on the new models though so I got the bumblebee yellow lol

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What doesnt kill you makes you stronger James. I thank God, this community, my friends and family for helping me get through it.

Nothing wrong with you yellow Scarab man, looks sick!

Sorry for your losses. On the bright side, that's an awesome little truck you got yourself!! and I love your orange Scarab!! It's my favourite colour. It was unavailable on the new models though so I got the bumblebee yellow lol

Faith Johnson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you were close to rock bottom. Btw, I can’t beleive you got rid of the yoda?!?!
All,

I want to apologize for being MIA for the last months. I've been going through a really bad 12 month stint.

In September and October I lost both of my best friends to cancer. Then in October I lost my Grandmother that has been my everything, and raised me. During all of this, I got served with divorce papers, and basically kicked out of my home. I usually dont put my shit out there, but I dont want everyone to think I have abandoned the section or site.

Things are starting to look up, and I am slowly getting back on my feet. My Scarab, and Yamaha have treated me incredible, and have provided me with much needed away time. This jetboat family has been awesome and very supportive. @Slugger55 , @veedubtek Thanks for reaching out!!!

I will soon be back on the saddle. There are some planned changes to the boat, and Im excited to share them with all of you.

Here is one of my changes. I traded down to this 18' Colorado. It has been a dream, drives incredible, and can tow the crap out of this boat all getting 25mpg average. I am impressed, and my pocket bookView attachment 73150 thanks me too,lol.