• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

mod: trash can

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thought I would share my simple trash can mod. Found the perfect trash can at The Container Store that fits nicely in the port side inset on my 2015 242 Limited S. I replaced the plastic hooks that came with the boat with eye screws found and Home Depot and used 2 small back bungee cords tied together in the middle to hold the trash can in place (also found at HD). Real easy to pull out and empty when its full of empty 'beverage' cans. Here are some pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I used a similar can and the existing hardware and bungee/net that came with the boat. I used tie-ties to secure the net to the plastic clips on the boat and then put in liner and the bungee/net holds the can down and in. You cant leave an empty liner in while underway or it blows up like a balloon.

Trash Can 2.jpg Trash Can.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a Kingsford Kaddy in my boat and it works great. A standard tall kitchen bag works perfect for it and I like having a lid. I put some velcro on the bottom so it does not move around.

Larkintx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Question what is that net good for anyway? I have yet to find a good use for it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Because they would charge an extra 1k for a trash can!