• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mom passed away yesterday....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
After battling Alzheimers disease for 10 years my mom finally succummed to it yesterday, peacefully at home surrounded by her family. I hope a cure can be found soon, as this disease is one crappy one to watch a loved one go through - being slowly robbed of all her memories, her abilities, her mobility and finally her life.

My mom and dad moved into my brother's house a couple of years ago to help care for mom, and to give dad some respite from being the sole caregiver. They've done an awesome job looking after both of them--probably better than I could have done!

You might have noticed my absence from the forum....I'll be back once I help straighten things out here in Tampa....

http://www.hollowayfuneralhomefl.com/Notices/Kathleeen-Mitchell

Mom about 7 years ago:
Kathleen cropped 2.jpg

The Mitchell Family taken on Siesta Key roughly 8 years ago
20151010_120630.jpg

Celebrate her life Julian! Praying God guides you and your family in this difficult time...

Our deepest prayers and condolences to you and your family. :(

Very sorry for your loss but glad that her suffering is over.

Sorry to hear this. I despise the disease, I had an Uncle that was like my grandfather to me and my Grandmother passed away with it, they both had it for about 10 years as well.

God gives grace in time of need. Praying for your family

I have lost a grandmother and two aunts to this disease. I know the path well, and it is not a happy one. But now she is at peace. Prayers for peace also for you all who miss her so.

Prayers for your family Julian.

So sorry to hear of your mothers passing. God bless her and your family.

So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss @Julian We'll be sending prayers your way.

Best wishes for your family Julian. I echo most of the comments above.

Sorry to hear. Prayers for you and your family.

Sorry to hear, I will pray for you and your family.

Sorry for your loss J- she's in a better place now!

@Julian - just prayed for you and your family. It's never easy to lose a family member, even if she's been suffering. Praying for peace - and a cure. We'll be eager for you to return to the forum once things settle down.

So very sorry for your loss, we are sending prayers to you and your family.

Back