• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MSRP Canada Nonsense

JackDC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
NA
We've been shopping around for a new boat, we were really interested in Yamaha 242 Limited S, but after seeing the prices on the 2016 we've decided to keep looking. I kept my open for 2015 leftover stock and found quite a few, but some of the dealers we talked to last month still wanted $89k for a 2015 242 Limited S, that's insane! Even with the dollar at 85cents in Jan 2015, 89k doesn't make any sense at all. At those prices, the value equation just doesn't add up anymore.
I get a feeling that dealers are going to be stuck lots of stock after the season is over unless Yamaha steps up with some type of incentives.

With all that said, I'm looking for some advice from the forum. Other then Yamaha, what brand/model would you recommend? Looking for something around 21-24ft, bowrider, jet or stern, 2013-2016, hopefully new, 50-60k CND.

I appreciate your comment and thanks in advance.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am not really familiar with the Canadian boating season, but I would imagine it isn't all that long. I wonder if finding a used boat still under warranty would be a more practical approach with the cost obviously being important.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd look for a used boat. I agree the price on a new Yamaha boats in Canada is insane. Even when our dollar was at par with the American dollar boats were significantly more money here. In 2013 I purchased Used 2009 SX230 with 75 hrs on it, in fantastic condition fo $25000.

In Canada used Yamaha's seem to be priced very competitively with the American market especially when you consider the exchange rate. I'd go that route. If you're insist on going new I have seen a few deals on a 2015 AR240 a while ago. Shop around!

As far as other brands, go you will probably find it's similar to Yamaha.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went hunting South of the boarder when I bought my 212x, mind you dollar was closer to par then... I saved about 6-7 thousand once I factored in all travel expenses and any fees I had to pay at the border. Was a pretty painless process bringing it across. Not sure how that equates now with our dollar where it is at, but something to consider.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here in QC there is only 1 used 240 for sale (non commercial) at the moment. Yamaha are extremly hard to find.

But you can have a new 2014 AR240 for 64K$, I found 2 at the same price.

I was looking for a used AR190 and got no luck so I went to a Scarab dealer and finaly ended up with a 2014 Impulse.

The dealer told me he did not even bother to have 2016 255 because he would not sell it.

Good luck with your search!