• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Muscle Car posts split from "2016 Lineup of boats"

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Best car ever.

What I like about it, is that is has the most leg room of any other car, ever. No? Well, anymore than what we have here is wasted space.

It is also the fastest car. No? Well, faster cars use more fuel and break down all the time. Seen it time and time again.

It's the best looking car too because it isn't all flashy like less than half of the segment offerings. Those other cars with flashy paint... Miami Vice called....

Since it is electric, there are no more oil changes to do, so less maintenance, less money out of your pocket!

And, it has a motor that is designed to be in this car. It is also made by Nissan so there is no confusion come warranty time. I always hated taking my 08 F250 to International-Harvester when problems came up.

And if that isn't enough to prove it's the best car in the world....... Just have your spouse pick the car for you. She will really appreciate the silence, quality, and lack of maintenance that a Nissan leaf has to offer.

Why would anyone want a loud, fast, flashy, unreliable, expensive mustang/challenger/camaro?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Best car ever.

Why would anyone want a loud, fast, flashy, unreliable, expensive mustang/challenger/camaro?
What? I wouldn't be caught dead in that car. Well maybe dead as I would have no way to object. My idea of the best car ever is the exact opposite of the Nissan Leaf. My Current favorite car is old, gets horrible mileage, is loud as hell, and only carries two passengers (not much more of anything else), it's also paid off. My wife doesn't like it but on this matter I don't care. In my experience if you let your wife choose your car or boat you end up getting your wife's car or boat.

image.jpg

How does this relate To this thread? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder/ different strokes for different folks or different boats for different folks.

Last edited:

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What? I wouldn't be caught dead in that car. Well maybe dead as I would have no way to object. My idea of the best car ever is the exact opposite of the Nissan Leaf. My Current favorite car is old, gets horrible mileage, is loud as hell, and only carries two passengers (not much more of anything else), it's also paid off. My wife doesn't like it but on this matter I don't care. In my experience if you let your wife choose your car or boat you end up getting your wife's car or boat.

View attachment 27342

How does this relate To this thread? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder/ different strokes for different folks.
Lol my car is old also but I like it !!!! Some times it produces lots of smoke for no reason !!!! Totally opposite of a leaf !!!! Lolimage.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

View attachment 27342

How does this relate To this thread? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder/ different strokes for different folks.

I let my wife pick our last car.

20150308_123515.jpg

Yep! She's a keeper.

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

View attachment 27342

How does this relate To this thread? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder/ different strokes for different folks or different boats for different folks.
You summarized your post with my point. A boat doesn't have to be quiet, cheap on maintenance, fuel efficient etc. to be an awesome boat. I guess I didn't emphasize any sarcasm, and for that I apologize. I see we share the same passion, albeit different flavors. Nice ride!!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You summarized your post with my point. A boat doesn't have to be quiet, cheap on maintenance, fuel efficient etc. to be an awesome boat. I guess I didn't emphasize any sarcasm, and for that I apologize. I see we share the same passion, albeit different flavors. Nice ride!!

Nice what she run ? I see we have the same preference in back tires !! Lolimage.jpg

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice what she run ? I see we have the same preference in back tires !! LolView attachment 27365
It ran pretty consistent 10.2x @ 138ish back in 2008. I've stepped up the power a bit and completely redid the suspension since then so it "should" be quicker/faster now. We had our first child and moved 3 times since then so my racing has been on hold.

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It ran pretty consistent 10.2x @ 138ish back in 2008. I've stepped up the power a bit and completely redid the suspension since then so it "should" be quicker/faster now. We had our first child and moved 3 times since then so my racing has been on hold.
That's pretty stout.

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My girlfriend is lusting after late 60s Camaros, or GTOs....

Approve....
I've been wanting to tinker with a 1970 mustang for quite some time now, but I doubt I ever will. My wife wants a 57ish corvette, and with the way prices have been going with those, I probably won't ever pull the trigger on one of those.

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How does yours run?
Me & the girlfriend lust for a musclecar, but don't have one as yet. Getting a boat is higher on the list. I work with a bunch of gearheads from different racing genres, so numbers, models, specs and times get discussed thoroughly, every day.

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Me & the girlfriend lust for a musclecar, but don't have one as yet. Getting a boat is higher on the list. I work with a bunch of gearheads from different racing genres, so numbers, models, specs and times get discussed thoroughly, every day.
I poured nearly every penny I had into go fast parts for my mustangs years ago, but eventually I "finished" what I originally wanted to do. I wanted a street car that could run 9's at 150mph. While I haven't done the deed, I feel like the car can do it. Knock on wood, but it has been incredibly reliable for such a powerful car (over 800rwhp). I am afraid of taking it to the next level though as I will have to do everything over again. I dont think anything on the car would handle 1000rwhp other than the fuel system.

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I poured nearly every penny I had into go fast parts for my mustangs years ago, but eventually I "finished" what I originally wanted to do. I wanted a street car that could run 9's at 150mph. While I haven't done the deed, I feel like the car can do it. Knock on wood, but it has been incredibly reliable for such a powerful car (over 800rwhp). I am afraid of taking it to the next level though as I will have to do everything over again. I dont think anything on the car would handle 1000rwhp other than the fuel system.

Sounds like you're at the point of diminishing returns. It probably will get exponentially more expensive to improve from where you're at. Hobbies like this can get hideously expensive.....

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sounds like you're at the point of diminishing returns. It probably will get exponentially more expensive to improve from where you're at. Hobbies like this can get hideously expensive.....
Absolutely. I've been down this road before with my last "fast car". Prior to 2003, a 500rwhp street car was pretty stout and a nightmare to keep running. There just wasn't the plethora of parts or knowledge readily available back then. Ironically enough, I sold that car, picked up a new (used) boat and a new 2003 cobra with plans on leaving it stock. I made it a few weeks before parts started coming in the mail.

Willard Ivins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Absolutely. I've been down this road before with my last "fast car". Prior to 2003, a 500rwhp street car was pretty stout and a nightmare to keep running. There just wasn't the plethora of parts or knowledge readily available back then. Ironically enough, I sold that car, picked up a new (used) boat and a new 2003 cobra with plans on leaving it stock. I made it a few weeks before parts started coming in the mail.
I don't leave anything stock, either. Simply. Not. Possible.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Dad always told me "Buy the most expensive house you can afford, and put the cheapest car in the driveway" it was good advice for me, because if I started car projects and then threw money at all of them Id be broke today.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice that is scooting !!!!! My goal is to get mine into the high 10's !!! My old Chevelle was consistent 10.8 car , pump gas street car :) I got out of the hobbie for a wile but recently got re sparked :) image.jpg