• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2016 SX 240 amp / speaker upgrade

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was finally able to get the board installed tonight. Should be able to get it working sometime this week after work.
Here are some photos of it with the wedge so you can see it better from the access. I also used spacers behind it so it did not crush the cup holder drain line.

Attachments

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was able to get it it set up tonight . What a difference with crispness and volume. I hooked up the mid cabin and rear cabin in parallel for the left and right side each and did each bow on their own channel. I don't think I even need a sub right now. When walking from the bow to stern and stern to bow I could not pin point where the sound was coming from it just sounded so even throughout. Definitely worth the 1000.00 bucks. It's like I'm 17 all over again.

@Julian
One thing I did notice with the mid cabin speaker on the starboard by the helm is the speaker wire is pinned right up against the hull near the tapered section for the cleat and speaker so I'm going to add a 1/2 " spacer - there is plenty of room to add the spacer. I'm thinking if I moved it back another inch from the plate it would not be pinched.