• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My boy got up surfing !!!!!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had no ballast , and didn't have the wedge on , kept the wave small for him so it wasn't intimidating , he was a surfing fool after he got it all figured out !!! Super proud of him !!! image.jpg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Perfect! now let him say "Dad, can we make the wave a little bigger?" Please resist added 4000lbs of ballast.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He is already wanting to go !!!! And is pumped for a bigger wave :) !!!!

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am thinking of having my daughter try that, is there any danger to falling and hitting your head on the swim platform? How about landing near the discharge of the jet pump?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It would be VERY hard to hit the boat....I reached out once to see if I could touch it when falling, and was JUST able to touch the boat with the tips of my fingers...and I was TRYING to get to it. As for the jet wash, you are typically outside the jet wash surfing the wave to the side of the boat. Could you cut in and fall in the jet wash...yes....but at 10-11mph, the jets aren't pumping 100% so I've never noticed any really issues.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Michael Rasmussen I spend the summers getting first timers up and addicted to surfing. I have never had anyone hit the platform. Occasionally we see someone get tumbled by the jetwash but it is not serious. The thing that concerns me most is the board coming back up after falling. I always instruct surfers to cover their face with their arms. No one has ever been hit but I know we had a member on here who took a bad whack.