• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help Identifying boat and pump

Cameron

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi there. I bought a little jet boat that a guy had in his shop (auto shop) he didn't know much about the boat. long story short, its a great project, but I cant find much info about it online.
Its about 10 feet long, and I think its an old aquajet, late 70s early 80s. or possible an almarine with some custom work done?
It has PSA 1.1 liter motor from either a Peugeot or Citroen car, roughly 1990.
Before I put the pump back on, I would like to go through it, but don't know what it is, so I cant order parts.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPGpump 1.JPGpump 2.JPGpump 3.JPG

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Cameron glad that you found us. Wow, looks like a fun project. I wish that I had any information that would help you identify that pump. We have several guys that are pretty knowledgable so I'm sure somebody else will be able to lend a hand.

I'd love to follow you rebuilding the boat though. So for selfish reasons on my part, start a thread of the rebuilding process and post lots of pics. ;)

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Cameron welcome, you might put this on general discussion to get more respones

Cameron

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks, Im making some progress. I got in touch with some folks in the UK that identified the boat as a Mitcham Marine. which later became Almarine. IMG_0829(1).JPG IMG_0830(1).JPG IMG_0831(1).JPG IMG_0832(1).JPG

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's great. Where are you at with the restoration? How much more to do?

Cameron

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
still need a cooling sysrtem plumbed. Everything needs to be wired and i still need to build the fuel system to get it running. Other than that, it needs paint but that will happen later.

m4ckys

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Other
Hello! Sorry to resurrecxt an old post, but.....I don't suppose you could give me some info on how the starter motor is mounted on this boat, I have the same boat here in the UK, and it has the flywheel mounted at the other end of the engine for some reason,. with an engine mounting that as been fabricated with a hole to mount the starter motor and I am having trouble finding one to fit!, A Peugeot starter defo will not fit in there (the mounting has two bolt holes rather than the standard three bolts.

If anyone has any tech info on the design of this , I would greatly appreciate any help and happy to send some beer money to repay your kindness!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length