• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need help on 242x

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I picked up my new 242x Saturday and it was missing a few items.
Snap in carpet
Ice chest
Wake board racks
Mirror
Spare tire and mount
Tower speaker
Sound bar
Net for passenger side storage nook
So basically everything that wasn't attached to boat during shipping. The dealership did get this boat from another dealership so maybe they have a big box of all my parts? The dealership I bought it from is gonna make it right but is there anything else that I may have overlooked that should come with boat?
Also my center speakers aren't working? Both amps are on but no sound. I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with tower speakers and sound bar not wired up yet? I'm gonna ask dealer for wiring diagram for audio system but thought I would see if anyone here has any info on these issues. Thanks love this forum been following for couple years.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, anything you paid in dealer prep fees i would ask to have refunded or comped for accessories... That is unacceptable that they let it off the lot without those items...

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like they did nothing! I would double check grease in the wheel bearings, proper tire pressure and brake fluid level for the brakes.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the dealers responsibility. Not the dealer the got the boat from, but the one you worked with. It is not acceptable to place the blame on another dealer and give you an unprepared boat. Call Mother Yamaha!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mother Yamaha will just tell you to go ask your father!!

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you filled out the Yamaha survey yet? That's your remaining leverage if you haven't. I would be all over this dealer. That is TOTALLY unacceptable. How can a boat be delivered to you missing all of these items and then you find other things wrong? When I took delivery they took me on the water and went over every single item/nook and cranny. They should be doing that and not going around it.

How many days ago did you sign paperwork?

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Signed paperwork Saturday but I also signed a document stating they owed me all missing items. I wish I would have demanded a deadline though.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat @jaburt. It's too bad that you've been hassled with those missing items, but at least you're able to use the boat while they figure things out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I hope you got a good deal on this boat!

I haven't got my hands on mine yet....so not much help with what might be missing, but perhaps download the Yamaha Boats app to your phone and look at the complete list of the features?

Hopefully you have the table and leg and all the cushions?
Mirror?
Billet steering wheel?
Solar Panels?
Engine flushing connectors?

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Called the dealer that the boat was originally shipped to and spoke with sales manager who put me in touch with parts girl who had all of my parts. She boxed them up shipped them out yesterday and I received them today. There was a box containing 4 aluminum strips/poles that attach to Bimini top and tower. Are they for towing or when boat was shipped. Looks like you could tow with them installed but my bimini hits my wakeboards when rotated inside boat?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's great news!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Called the dealer that the boat was originally shipped to and spoke with sales manager who put me in touch with parts girl who had all of my parts. She boxed them up shipped them out yesterday and I received them today. There was a box containing 4 aluminum strips/poles that attach to Bimini top and tower. Are they for towing or when boat was shipped. Looks like you could tow with them installed but my bimini hits my wakeboards when rotated inside boat?
I saw some bars in the photos of my boat on the trailer....are those them? See my thread

jaburt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep that's them. How are y'all towing? Taking Bimini off? I know I seen this discussion somewhere but can't find it now. I think I'm gonna modify my shipping brackets to make the Bimini sit right down on my windshield for towing.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My plan is Bimini up, cover off, for haul to FL-
(Edited to clarify)
I leave on and up for (so far) up to two hours. Don't get much over 60-

Should have
-4 cushions for bow. 2 small, 2 large.
-dual batteries
-manual (boat & stereo) & small tool bag
-table & leg

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I tow mine with to cover on. And the top up.

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw some bars in the photos of my boat on the trailer....are those them? See my thread
Congrats with the new boat!

Sorry, not trying to hijack. Great question and post - I just figured out what those were for. I was scratching my head wondering if it was just for shipping. Anybody use them for storage?

Last edited:

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I towed 2K miles (to/from FL, from VA) with tower up, bimini off and shipping cover on. (thinking was to preserve the Deluxe mooring cover that I use most of the time. Put shipping cover on for Winter (snow).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I towed 2K miles (to/from FL, from VA) with tower up, bimini off and shipping cover on. (thinking was to preserve the Deluxe mooring cover that I use most of the time. Put shipping cover on for Winter (snow).
I think I'd use the shipping cover to tow that far too....but it sure is a space hog when you take it off!