• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Need help

@Zarrella what was the fix? Just for future reference.

ok....With Dennis helping we finished out the day on the water.THANK YOU!!!! Now with the boat on the trailer I am able to move the gate while the wife works the throttle. But the gate will not move using the throttle only. But you can tell the cable is still attached to the throttle because it will move the bucket with me helping it if that makes sense. Any ideas where to go from here?

Is there anything sitting on the cables, or causing it to bind up?

No nothing is sitting on the cables.

Try disconnecting the bucket from the cable to see if the bucket moves freely.

You can disconnect the cable by pulling back on the snap ring that's on the end of the cable. Then it will lift off the reverse gate. It's a ball and socket type of connection much like a trailer hitch.

More than likely the reverse cable is corroded (or possibly bent/kinked) and needs to be replaced.

:)
Gee Dennis. 8 whole minutes, what took you so long? Nice one.
I just happened to jump on the site at the right time. Glad it worked out. :winkingthumbsup" But I'll try to cut it down to 7 minutes next time. ;)

No offense.....6 minutes would be better the next time....lol

Back