• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need Quick Help and An Answer as I’m at DMV. What’s weight of 242X 2018 trailer?

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks any help and quick replies. Need weight of trailer for a 2018 242x Shoreland’r trailer.

What is the model number? Looking at the same document posted above. 1139-1200#'s

Last edited:
I think I just listed mine as 1000lbs

I believe weight of your boat on trailer is 5382 lbs. Dry weight on boat is 4032 lbs. So I'd assume 5382 - 4032 = 1350lbs

So they won’t let me title trailer without a Bill of sale for trailer showing purchase price of trailer. I paid one price for both items. What’s normal price for a used trailer $1,000? $1500?

You should have gotten a bill of sale for the purchase it would list out Boat and Trailer and the price. On my new AR250 the trailer price is broken out and listed at $5K on the dealer invoice and $55K for the boat. A used one I would say $2500-$3K if its in great shape. A used jet ski trailer is usually about $1K.

So they won’t let me title trailer without a Bill of sale for trailer showing purchase price of trailer. I paid one price for both items. What’s normal price for a used trailer $1,000? $1500?
I went through the same thing with my new boat. Trailer wasn't listed. I ended up making up a Bill of Sale (it was funny....the DMV manager was perplexed....just in the end just said....since this came from the manufacturer.....just make it up!).

I listed my trailer as $3000 (new) for insurance purposes too. Pick a number between 1-2k for used. If your state charges property tax......pick a low number!

I just titled my 2018 242X two days ago and the bill of sale the dealer gave me had $3500 for the trailer.

When I sent everything in to gaming and wildlife to title the boat I listed the price I paid which was one price. They charged me tax on full amount. Now they are trying to charge me tax again on trailer at the DMV. I’ve already paid tax for both items. So frustrating. Now I just wanna list trailer as $500 or $1000 and give them $50 in tax. Any amount is a waste and I’m paying it twice.

I went through the same thing with my new boat. Trailer wasn't listed. I ended up making up a Bill of Sale (it was funny....the DMV manager was perplexed....just in the end just said....since this came from the manufacturer.....just make it up!).

I listed my trailer as $3000 (new) for insurance purposes too. Pick a number between 1-2k for used. If your state charges property tax......pick a low number!
Not sure if this applies to anyone else, but my dealer hand wrote the Bill of Sale for the trailer on the back of my paperwork for the boat. Similar to @Julian it was completely an after thought, and not very official. It did work though.

I probably paid way too much, as I though they wanted the weight of the trailer with the boat on it. Oh well I guess...lol

When I purchased my boat, I forced the dealer to list trailer separately. I also made him apply my down payment to the trailer first and then the boat. So, the trailer is paid for and I have the title and the boat is still financed. This way, if I ever have trailer problems and need another I don’t have to refinance the whole thing to get the trailer out of the lien.

I'm in CA and with buying my 2017 242LTD S used, I didn't have to do anything separate with the trailer when I went to the DMV to register it. The former owner did purchase the "forever" plates for the trailer so I never have to get new tabs for the plates. Maybe that's how I got lucky on that one. Thanks @VitaminSea for the link to the Shorelander reference guide. I'm sure that will come in handy some day.

Last edited:
Back