• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 purchase is now the time?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm shopping for a new boat but pricing and APR promo is starting to swing me back to a Yamaha. After shopping APR's on most new boat purchases it is almost double what the current promo rate is which makes a huge swing on payments. Also I guess there is rebate monies out there as well as I have found new 2015 SX240's for 45,999 Limetd 242 53,999 and Limeted 242S 57,999 below is the add on the Limiteds in case someone else is looking as Minnesota is to far for me to travel for a boat but I will shop my local dealers till someone matches. So the question question is buy now or wit till January like I planned I hate to buy a boat now and watch it sit in storage while I pay payments on it for the first 5-6 months i have it.

MSRP ON THE 242 LIMITED S IS OVER $63,000 WATER READY.... WE HAVE THEM FOR *$57,999!!!! MSRP ON THE 242 LIMITED IS OVER $60,000 WATER READY...WE HAVE THEM FOR *$53,999!!!! ALL COLORS ARE AVAILABLE AS OF NOW BUT THEY WON'T LAST LONG!!!! WE ARE THE LARGEST DEALER IN THE MIDWEST AND CAN GIVE YOU A GREAT BUYING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER. PROFESSIONAL, COURTEOUS, AND FRIENDLY....A NO NONSENSE APPROACH TO OWNING THE BEST BOAT ON THE MARKET....THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM RIVER VALLEY POWER AND SPORT ON BEAUTIFUL LAKE MINNETONKA MINNESOTA.

CALL ME AT 651-226-7453 FOR ALL THE DETAILS

Paul Pflueger- River Valley Power and Sport Lake Minnetonka MN

I hate to buy a boat now and watch it sit in storage while I pay payments on it for the first 5-6 months i have it.

Many of us have sat in our boat in the winter having a drink! LOL

I bought from Paul at River Valley and had a great experience.

I noticed River Valley was selling 2014 242LS for ~$46k earlier this spring. I think they had prep fees but even so it's better than $58k. I would wait until early spring to see if they do those sale again! I think they called it Truck Load Sale.

If APR is big factor then you need to buy when the specials are offered. If it is good now then I say buy now.

I thought you were close enough to Florida to get some winter boating in?

If APR is big factor then you need to buy when the specials are offered. If it is good now then I say buy now.

I thought you were close enough to Florida to get some winter boating in?

I do split time between Myrtle Beach SC and Columbia SC. Last day on the water is usually mid October and usually restart in late April early May. I'm about a 5 hour drive from Jacksonville FL but the temps there are not a whole lot different then what we have I would have to drive 8 or so hours to get far enough south for true winter boating.

When I bought in June, you could choose between $1000 off purchase price or the 5 year warranty. That is if you use Yamaha finance. I got 2.99%, Zero down, and 5 year warranty.

Last edited:
Back