• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New, but not..... :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain Welcome aboard and we hope we can anwer any questions you have! I'm partial to the twin engine models and not keen on superchargers....but the 192 is a sweet boat! You definitely want to do a water test.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Welcome to the site and goodluck on your quest for a new boat!:Welcome:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey there, @CFD3Captain

Welcome on-board here ! Enjoy your stay here !

DROP A LINE.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey CFD3captain, welcome!
Since you were a nozzle man on the other forum and a captain on here I am assuming a promotion at work?
Did you go from tailboard to the front seat?

Good luck with the boat decision. We recently went from a 192 to a 242 so if you want opinions I've got 'em (as the saying goes everyone does).

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Haha good catch! No exactly a tailboard to right seat promotion but close. We are small department and our firefighters do everything. There are no dedicated engineers. You are pumping trucks first few months on job.

If you want to pm me some thoughts, go for it. I'm pretty locked in on the 19' at this point.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I also work in a small department, for a small city bordering Atlanta.
There are several other Jakes on here (Jetboat Jakes) from around the country. I believe Dennis is with LA County and there are a couple others as well.

I won't try to dissuade you from the 19' boats, we loved our 192 and had a blast every time we took her out which was often. She pulled skiis and tubes with no problem and so easy to fit in tight quarters at a crowded dock. I think any of the Yamahas would be a great family boat. We upgraded for the extra legroom to accommodate all the extra kids we suddenly seem to have hanging around with us. (Not complaining, it's great to see our kids and their friends enjoying the lake). Boating for us is family and friends time so there's no such thing as a crowd.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I like it, Jetboat Jakes!

Thanks everyone for the nice words! So excited but so bummed the season is coming to an end :(

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like it, Jetboat Jakes!

Thanks everyone for the nice words! So excited but so bummed the season is coming to an end :(
Oh, not so fast @CFD3Captain , I don't hear no fat lady singing just yet. Welcome back to the site you never left, but don't sell this season short just yet.

I plan on squeezing as much out of September and October as possible. As long as the river still has water in it, that is!

Congrats and good luck with your new boat. Go get it wet SOON. :cool: