• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New deck for swim platform

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I decided to install a foam teak decking for the swim platform area.
Bought two rolls from eBay with the bevel edge, install took about an hour and I cut the curves by hand.
Eventually I want to do the entire boat since it gets dirty so quick, this almost acts as a door mat before you enter the main area

Let me know your thoughts and any suggestions

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You’ll have to let us know how that holds up!

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took it out 3 times ever since the install and hit about 40mph for short periods of time and so far it's held up great

I'm in the construction industry and from what I can tell it's a peel and stick product that uses "pressure activated" adhesive so the more I step on it the better it sticks

After the season is over I'll definitely post an update and I'm still a bit skeptical if it'll hold up at the edges

Last edited:

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Looks great!!!

If you don’t mind me asking, how much was a roll? I am trying to decide on something to put down on the floor inside the seat storage areas of our new 215 ID.

TY!!!

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah just apply weight when you want it to stick, I laid down a plastic bag then put my heavy toolbox box over it, started work on the next section and moved the toolbox over to the new section and so on
That way a nice even weight was over the material long enough for it to adhere better to the deck

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interesting....this stuff is 5.5mm thick vs Seadek that is 13mm thick. I would think that would be quite a noticeable difference. What do you think of its thickness?? At $140 for the swim platform it is less than half the price of the Jetboatpilot custom cut Seadek ($399) ..... so an interesting approach for budget minded folks.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Except the Seadek is pre cut. I'm cheap and all but I know my attempts at cutting would create a horrible finish.

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the seadek have a teak wood floor look? Because I really wanted a teak deck look

You almost can't tell a difference up close and from a distance there's no way you can tell if it's real or fake wood

Yeah I'm on a budget for sure I'm 22 and this is my first boat so I'm learning real fast how quickly I can go broke if I keep buying stuff to upgrade it lol

As for the thickness, it's perfect. I can take the seaweed out from the clean out holes and my knees feel comfortable, when standing on it it's a NICE feeling..it's cushiony and padded for sure

It definitely isn't the thickest but again I didn't want something too thick that makes the back look bulky, this is sleek and looks as if the boat came with it

Maybe contact the eBay seller and request a sample piece? I'm sure they'll be able to help you out

Last edited:

tahmad575

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also for cutting the edges and the holes for the circles, I am no expert but I just followed the curves with the blade carefully as to not cut the boat, for the holes I cut them a bit smaller then tucked the edges in with a flat screwdriver, if you look up-close at it I didn't do the best job but it's good enough to pass my standards. I basically laid a big piece down then would cut it on the spot to make it fit

Eventually I'll do the whole boat once I can afford 4 more rolls