• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Forum News! New feature - Ignore Thread or Forum

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It now is possible to ignore any thread or forum.

You will find an Ignore Thread or Ignore Forum link near the top right of each thread or forum. Clicking this link will make that thread or forum invisible to your account.

To unignore click on your username at the top then on Ignoring.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Bigger demand for this over the unsubscribe option? o_O

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I get it, hit the ignore, and the thread is gone from view. If i hven't posted in the thread, then it's not going to notify me like a "watched" thread would do. For me I just didn't see the value of using it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Many members use the Lightening Bolt (mobile) or What's New (wider UIs) to see recent posts. The "Ignore" feature means it will never show in those or even the basic forum list. Quite different than the "watch " or unwatch functionality.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whelp, for the life of me I can't find this feature on the thread I want to ignore and I am thinking it is because you can't ignore your own thread. There is no ignore thread button on "The Vaccine" for me. It's alright though, I've become pretty good at ignoring this thread now anyway.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Whelp, for the life of me I can't find this feature on the thread I want to ignore and I am thinking it is because you can't ignore your own thread. There is no ignore thread button on "The Vaccine" for me. It's alright though, I've become pretty good at ignoring this thread now anyway.
You are correct....you can't "Ignore" your own threads.....Sorry @BigN8

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you please fix it so that when you ignore something it actually completely goes away like when you ignore a member? I ignore threads and unfortunately it doesn't factor in that when browsing from the root directory. Still shows up as "ignored thread" rather than simply ignore it and show the next most recent non-ignored thread. It would be nice if you ignored a thread and it would be invisible unless I of course go into my settings and un-ignore. See below....

Untitled.jpg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can you please fix it so that when you ignore something it actually completely goes away like when you ignore a member? I ignore threads and unfortunately it doesn't factor in that when browsing from the root directory. Still shows up as "ignored thread" rather than simply ignore it and show the next most recent non-ignored thread. It would be nice if you ignored a thread and it would be invisible unless I of course go into my settings and un-ignore. See below....

View attachment 169861
We apply standard addons to the forum vs coding our own changes. This makes forum operations far less taxing/time consuming, and upgrades much easier. Any modification results in redoing that mod in the future if its not a "standard" addon.

I actually asked this of the addon vendor a while back, as it seems dumb to ignore something only so see it in result lists.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it’s a very short sight on the developers part and totally sucks as it takes away from the whole premise of ignoring something.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Choosing not to customize is a wise choice…. Those in the business have war stories / battle scars from customizations that break vendor code, delay patching, etc…

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Choosing not to customize is a wise choice…. Those in the business have war stories / battle scars from customizations that break vendor code, delay patching, etc…
Yup...the old forum is stuck in time because so many customizations were made it now won't upgrade. (plus the owner refuses help)

We've done well keeping our software turnkey and out of the box. Makes upgrades much easier. But the kudos go to Bruce for running the upgrades!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are a few out there it seems on the xenforo forum. Is this the one y’all used?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are a few out there it seems on the xenforo forum. Is this the one y’all used?

Yup....we are on V 2.0.7