• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New jet boater from VA.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Taking possession of my new 242x tomorrow. Decided on the black/grey color. Excited but nervous at the same time. It'll be my first Yamaha jet boat, and I'm afraid I've been reading way too much about these boats, both positive and negative. My internal hard drive is maxed out, that's for sure. Sea trial tomorrow at 1pm. Hoping I don't see any Err messages when using drive control, like others have posted about. I'd hate to walk away from the deal but $70K+ is way too much to pay for something requiring service right out the box. I fell in love with the look and reviews of the boat, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow. But, it's great to have a forum like this, to help sort through the madness. Thanks!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome: @Bulldog46 ,
You've found a great place with lots of active members who are willing to lend a hand and answer questions. Cant wait to see you enjoying your new boat!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a new 2016 242 Limited SE....had the ERR message problem. Dealer called me today and they believe it is fixed. They found/did 4 things:
1. Possible bad ground
2. Bad connection on the CONNEXT system
3. Faulty pressure sensors on throttle bodies
4. Complete re-program of entire system.

I am hopeful!!

ravi4l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Taking possession of my new 242x tomorrow. Decided on the black/grey color. Excited but nervous at the same time. It'll be my first Yamaha jet boat, and I'm afraid I've been reading way too much about these boats, both positive and negative. My internal hard drive is maxed out, that's for sure. Sea trial tomorrow at 1pm. Hoping I don't see any Err messages when using drive control, like others have posted about. I'd hate to walk away from the deal but $70K+ is way too much to pay for something requiring service right out the box. I fell in love with the look and reviews of the boat, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow. But, it's great to have a forum like this, to help sort through the madness. Thanks!!!
Let me know if you need hand i have 15 242LS No issues So far best boat >. also my first jetboat. I'm by power lines on Potomac river.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Let me know if you need hand i have 15 242LS No issues So far best boat >. also my first jetboat. I'm by power lines on Potomac river.
Thanks ravi4l, for the offer. I live in Williamsburg, off of the James river. Looking forward to many days on the water.

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a new 2016 242 Limited SE....had the ERR message problem. Dealer called me today and they believe it is fixed. They found/did 4 things:
1. Possible bad ground
2. Bad connection on the CONNEXT system
3. Faulty pressure sensors on throttle bodies
4. Complete re-program of entire system.

I am hopeful!!
Oh no!!!! Hopefully they figured it out for you. Keeping my fingers crossed on mine.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum @Bulldog46. Thè price tag is the least of your worries. Wait till you see the cost of all the neat mods we'll talk you into. :)

With regard to the pros and cons you mentioned, all new boats have them. It's just a matter of which cons you can live with. When you get to enjoying your new boat and ultimately have to winterize it you'll see the big pros.

OCPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome! And you will love the boat....on my third and loved them all!

Bulldog46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, things didn't go as smoothly as I thought. Test drive was going great, then a ERR message. Pump communication error for the ballast tanks. . They worked the issue for a couple hours, with frequent calls to Yamaha, but couldn't resolve the problem. I refused to take ownership until the problem is fixed. Very frustrating day boys.