• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New member with a Polaris, Finger Lakes Region, NY

NewtJ82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Polaris
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New to the group, I own a 2004 Polaris 21’ Jet Boat. Anyone else?...seems to be fairly rare.

We use our boat primarily in the Finger Lakes region, our favorite lakes are Canandaigua, Seneca, & Skaneatles. We also enjoy the 1000 Islands region.

Looking forward to this group!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me be first to say "Welcome Aboard"!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the Finger Lakes!

Not many Polaris owners, what engine and pump do you have? Post up some pictures for us.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome to the Forum! Its the most expensive forum I belong to. We boat on Conesus, Keuka, Canandaigua and Lake Ontario...see you out there!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@NewtJ82 Welcome, great place to find for everything jetboat. A rarity indead, looks like someone here needs to add Polaris to the jetboat categories. @Scottintexas might know how to get that done. Would hate to have you relegated to the "other" category in perpetuity.

NewtJ82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Polaris
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks everyone. We love Keuka Lake too....whenever we have a free weekday available, that’s where we go.

The Polaris has a single Mercury Optimax 250hp (basically an outboard motor), with a jet drive. Bought it 3 years ago, first experience with a jet boat. I don’t have any pics of the motor right now, but if spring arrives at some point, I’ll grab some pics of the motor and drive unit.

I created an album, not sure how to post a link to it, but should be able to access to through my profile.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome! I boat all over the finger lakes. Love Canandaigua, just gets a little busy for me at times

NewtJ82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Polaris
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree! I work a lot of weekends, which lands me weekdays off, which is great for Canandaigua and Keuka Lakes.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@NewtJ82 looks like someone here needs to add Polaris to the jetboat categories. @Scottintexas might know how to get that done. Would hate to have you relegated to the "other" category in perpetuity.
No can do Kemosabe, this little Indian can barely hot link URL's let alone be trusted with the keys to the Admin. world. maybe @Julian or @Murf'n'surf can add Polaris to the list of choices.

Again @NewtJ82 we're glad to have you and even though your probably our first Polaris owner several members are using the Mercury engines

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahhhh Skaneatles! My hometown. Do you know any Redmond’s by chance? We used to live off West Lake Road in Thornton Heights.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No can do Kemosabe, this little Indian can barely hot link URL's let alone be trusted with the keys to the Admin. world. maybe @Julian or @Murf'n'surf can add Polaris to the list of choices.

Again @NewtJ82 we're glad to have you and even though your probably our first Polaris owner several members are using the Mercury engines
@NewtJ82 I have added Polaris to the "Make" field so you can adjust your profile to list your boat! Sorry this took so long, I am travelling internationally right now.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Welcome, we’re out on Canandagiua a few times a year, conesus too. Looking to hit some more of the lakes this summer. With more members in the area we should loosely organize a meetup.

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@NewtJ82 was that you coming off Canandaguia lake today around 2 pm? I said hi to someone in a Polaris 2100 right by the ramp.

NewtJ82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Polaris
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup, that was me. Had to come off the water so early to get to work unfortunately. Great day out there!