• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New PerfectPass product??

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed my R-S last week. It's great!!! The knob is much easier to feel and control than push buttons especially in choppy/rough water. You don't really have to look for it. Just feel and turn slowly and the the speed increases/decreased smoothly. It's accurate to .01 MPH. I have not found any problems in my initial test runs. I am still working out the ballast situation to get the perfect balance for the wave. I have a 2013 AR190. I was originally told to use 1200lbs in a certain configuration. This did not work as the boat would not plane and the engine was working way too hard. I was than told by the same person that 1200 was a mistake and I should drop to 600 total. That's was unfortunate because I wasted several hundred dollars on 600lbs of ballast bags I will never need. I plan to go out tomorrow and rig up the system to see how it goes. I also bought and installed the new JBP TVW. First test was ok. I think I have to tweak it a bit. Will see how everything works together. Fingers crossed.
I am also thinking of getting an L13 based on all the comments I have read here. Will consider this after my test runs and see if I still need an upgrade.
On another unrelated note, I hope someone can help with my Monster wakeboard rack not staying in place. I have the rings inside to take up the space but it keeps spinning on the Yamaha tower. I have it as tight as it can possible be (there is a space between the connector rings) and it still spins. It is mounted on a vertical post and after some time the back of the boards are facing into the boat (it swings/rotates horizontally). I have put electrical tape on the post but that actually made the situation worse. Any guidance/help would be appreciated.
The L13 would help with hole shot and you would be able to pop on plane with heavier loads no doubt, provided well sealed pump and OEM impeller in perfect shape and factory pitch (albeit I have seen those to be off even new, too, with individual blades not lining up exactly the same on the trailing edge - relatively easy to check that on a flat bench).

Pictures of the rack in question would help. I find that the Monster rack that Yamaha uses (XTP version) is great, the locking pin may be a little hard to pull sometimes but just lifting the forks/load a tad removes that issue.

--

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I will get some pictures tomorrow. I don't know what version my rack is. I didn't know there were multiple versions of the same rack style. The locking pin doesn't seem to be a problem. It can be very tight but it's easily accessible and I have always been able to pull it. I just don't understand why the rack won't hold it's position. It seems like the plastic is too slick to hold it in place when the pressure from the wind is pushing on it. If it were rubber I think it would grip and hold better.

Jester429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed my R-S last week. It's great!!! The knob is much easier to feel and control than push buttons especially in choppy/rough water. You don't really have to look for it. Just feel and turn slowly and the the speed increases/decreased smoothly. It's accurate to .01 MPH. I have not found any problems in my initial test runs. I am still working out the ballast situation to get the perfect balance for the wave. I have a 2013 AR190. I was originally told to use 1200lbs in a certain configuration. This did not work as the boat would not plane and the engine was working way too hard. I was than told by the same person that 1200 was a mistake and I should drop to 600 total. That's was unfortunate because I wasted several hundred dollars on 600lbs of ballast bags I will never need. I plan to go out tomorrow and rig up the system to see how it goes. I also bought and installed the new JBP TVW. First test was ok. I think I have to tweak it a bit. Will see how everything works together. Fingers crossed.
I am also thinking of getting an L13 based on all the comments I have read here. Will consider this after my test runs and see if I still need an upgrade.
On another unrelated note, I hope someone can help with my Monster wakeboard rack not staying in place. I have the rings inside to take up the space but it keeps spinning on the Yamaha tower. I have it as tight as it can possible be (there is a space between the connector rings) and it still spins. It is mounted on a vertical post and after some time the back of the boards are facing into the boat (it swings/rotates horizontally). I have put electrical tape on the post but that actually made the situation worse. Any guidance/help would be appreciated.
I have a rack that spun also. I wrapped the rubber spacer with black electrical tape. Worked great in my case

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I will get some pictures tomorrow. I don't know what version my rack is. I didn't know there were multiple versions of the same rack style. The locking pin doesn't seem to be a problem. It can be very tight but it's easily accessible and I have always been able to pull it. I just don't understand why the rack won't hold it's position. It seems like the plastic is too slick to hold it in place when the pressure from the wind is pushing on it. If it were rubber I think it would grip and hold better.
If you post a pic it would help, but it sounds like a rubber insert may help.
I have a bunch of those from old projects, different thickness and size, I can send you a couple, my rack fits with no inserts and it holds like crazy, never moved even in very rough conditions.

--

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried the electrical tape. Put it on the tower than clamped the rack over that. It actually made it worse, spun easier. Seemed to be slipping on the surface of the tape.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you @swatski. That's very generous of you to offer to send me rubber inserts. I would appreciate it.
I need to purchase another rack for my wakesurf board. I will look into XTP for that.
BTW - the Ronix 2019 Koal Classic Fish wakesurf board is awesome if anyone is looking for a new board.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just installed my R-S last week. It's great!!! ...
Try using waterproof 2-sided tape instead of electrical tape, something like this. Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance or this maybe less permanent. Amazon.com : LLPT Double Sided Tape Acrylic Waterproof Removable Residue Free Strong Mounting Tape 0.24 Inch x 108 Feet Clear(AC0240) : Gateway Good Luck.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's interesting. I was just reading a write up by Mazda designers that have done a fair amount of research on car safety around the trend of smart screens in cars. They were so convinced that they completely changed directions on dash design in their cars away from any smart or touch screens towards well placed knobs and switches. The reasoning was pretty simple in that they found drivers spent a large amount of time focusing on the dash with smart/touch screens because they could not access the controls with out visual confirmation. Where as a knob you don't have to look at all at it and can work it completely by feel. (I'm paraphrasing this drastically but you get the idea). So in this application (boat speed control) it is obviously not as crucial but the concept still applies. It is far easier to reach down and adjust speed without refocusing your attention away from driving the boat with a knob that you can reach down and feel rather than a flat surface buttons and/or touch screens. It is personal preference to some degree but i've always much preferred knobs and switches for drive time controls in cars and that translates to me with the boat. I feel you also have much more fine tuned control with a 32 indent knob (or whatever it is) than multiple pushes of a button and/or holding the button and letting go at the right time. My .02 cents. Wish I could find that article about Mazada, it was really interesting in the current trend of cars to smart screen dashes and convincing as well.
That does sound interesting. Especially with the current trend of large in dash touch screens that are starting to show up in cars/trucks. Have you seen the new Dodge Ram? The screen looks like the dash of a Tesla. I also saw pictures of the next F150 and it has the same huge screen.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Random thought, I think I’d love the dial hands down over a button up/down. On my Ar210 reaching for it seems a little inconvenient (really not a big deal) but is it possible to install a secondary dial as well? I usually stand when underway and I’m thinking if I had a dial to the right of the steering wheel, just about where my arm would naturally hang down I could adjust all day very comfortably. 🤔

Last edited:

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Random thought, I think I’d love the dial hands down over a button up/down. On my Ar210 reaching for it seems a little inconvenient (really not a big deal) but is it possible to install a secondary dial as well? I usually stand when underway and I’m thinking if I had a dial to the right of the steering wheel, just about where my arm would naturally hang down I could adjust all day very comfortably. 🤔
A second dial for Ridesteady? There's no way to have two, I'm afraid. The external display can put the dial to the right of the steering wheel, FWIW.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just wanted to let everyone know that @JetBoatPilot and @Ridesteady have reached a mutually satisfactory agreement between us to resolve the issues on this thread.

I know y'all we're hoping for some more drama, but there's always reality TV you can watch. I hope everyone has a great day!

Jester429

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just wanted to let everyone know that @JetBoatPilot and @Ridesteady have reached a mutually satisfactory agreement between us to resolve the issues on this thread.

I know y'all we're hoping for some more drama, but there's always reality TV you can watch. I hope everyone has a great day!
Id rather be boating

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Disappointing, yet very satisfactory.

I was about to call for a Panama City or Austin Summit and force both of you to attend.

Thank you for the update though, much appreciated

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As @Ridesteady said, we've sorted this out and there are no hard feelings between the two companies. The RideSteady guys are true professionals.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now let's get back to making a version for us old boat guys without APS. ;)
We have tried and there are currently no known ways to do that. The throttle body on older MR1 style engines is mechanical and not fly by wire.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No known way without a Servo right?... Because Perfect Pass already makes one with a Servo...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No known way without a Servo right?... Because Perfect Pass already makes one with a Servo...
Yes we still stock the servo model for the time being. They are on the chopping block though so they may not be continued once we sell through existing stock.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

It's quite rare to see this happen and have it publicly posted, so I applaud both companies for doing what's right and moving on.