• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Product Your Opinions Needed!

I would imagine you could increase the pressure with an air pump. There must be a diaphragm inside to allow it to pressurize.
The guy in the video said that there is not a bladder inside. Interesting.

Yeah, I caught that too. Liquid is incompressible but SOMETHING has to be compressing. It's not magic. I suspect it just relies on the air that is in the thing when it is empty. If you never let the air out, it will compress when you fill it from a pressurized tap and provide the pressure.

I would like one for the beach so we stop dragging so much sand in the car! I'm tired of trying to vacuum fine sugar sand out of my cars.
Have you tried the baby powder trick? Supposedly works really well....I've not tried it....but neighbor swears by it.

Never have. I'll have to brush up on that technique.

Yeah, I caught that too. Liquid is incompressible but SOMETHING has to be compressing. It's not magic. I suspect it just relies on the air that is in the thing when it is empty. If you never let the air out, it will compress when you fill it from a pressurized tap and provide the pressure.
I'm thinking there is a plate with an o-ring around the edge and springs on the dry side. The springs push the plate down to expel the water.

Sign me up!

I love the idea @JetBoatPilot. I'd love to see you give it a good once over and let us know what you think.

From the sounds of it, some of these guys (including myself) might want you to cut it in half to see what makes this thing tick ;)

I'm thinking there is a plate with an o-ring around the edge and springs on the dry side. The springs push the plate down to expel the water.

That might be it. Otherwise you'd have water left in there when you're done.

Might need to have @JetBoatPilot buy one just to hack open and see what's in there! ;)

Edit: ...AND I just noticed that @itsdgm already said that... oh well. More coffee please!

Hmm I think it is a great idea. But would be nice if you could by more "modules" to plug into a main sprayer to increase the capacity because 2 gallons for a boating excursion does not seem to be enough

I have one of these setup in the back of my beach van, I have it with a 5 gallon water container because everyone uses it all day long. it runs on 4 D batteries. I have had that setup for over a decade, about 5 years ago I decided to forgo the batteries and use a resistor tapping into the 12 volt power of the van I also used a small sea doo kill switch and attached it to the shower handle so all you do is press the waterproof switch and the shower sprays when you release it the shower turns off . That way you don't need to look for the on and off switch.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...3022&catargetid=120138600001603954&cadevice=c

So its not a heavy piece of rubber tubing with water forced into it like the inside of the non-aerosol containers? Thats what I was thinking

It probably has one of those flex stretchy hoses coiled up inside:-)

The pressure did drop off towards the end in our test and like I said before the nozzle setting determines how much water gets out so it sprays longer with less water released and shorter with more water released. The shower setting was out of water pretty quickly, maybe 45 seconds to one minute vs 1.5 mins to 2 mins for the jet. The mist option may be the longest lasting setting but I don't have a good time measurement on that yet.

Talked to one of our engineers and he said as long as it's a closed system it transfer whatever pressure you have in your house. Similar to refilling a portable air tank. Made sense to me.

Pretty cool idea. I like it!!

Back