• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Tech Samsung Galazy Z Fold3

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no magnetic snap that I can detect the hinge is solid and when close does not open on its own. The glass does fold and is continuous without a center line. There is a minute crease there but you can't see it. Barely feel it with your fingers. The screen looks seamless. Not sure the Tech or Glass or what is used but screen is gorgeous.

Unfolding is effortless just open it up like a small notebook. The mechanics of using it are not cumbersome at all.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors can probably give a more accurate assessment, but when I looked at it in the store, it was impressive at how little you could see the join. I suspect they fold it (with a "crease") right down a line of pixels between the two screens. The primary downside I felt was that the phone is fatter than a normal phone - but I'm still considering it as my next model to replace my Note 9 (who's battery is starting to fade-I suppose I could just get a new battery - or a battery case). One reason I'm considering a new phone is to have one with a better tele lens (like a 10x) - as the vast majority of photos we take these days are on our phones.
@Julian Yes it is a bit fatter but it is not as wide as single screen phones. That was a concern of mine at first, but now I prefer the smaller width for in my pocket in my hand, etc. The big phones are too big if I am wearing certain pants.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is how mine looks. What is neat is that when the screen is on, it doesn't distort the image or picture at all and you can't tell there is a crease at all watching movies or viewing images. Pretty cool stuff imho.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked at both the flip and the fold when I was shopping for a new phone last week. The Flip I thought was too thick in the folded position, which would be that way in my pocket, was like a thick wallet. The Fold was cool! Two things concerned me though, the battery life in a day with 3 screens and the durability of the folding screen. It was a bit narrower then the typical smart phone, but was thicker and felt heavier. I decided to stick with what I know and went with the Note 20 ultra. I was replacing my Note 8. The only thing wrong with it was the battery life was not keeping up. Would not last the day, even if wasn't on it at all and all apps were closed. I'm very happy with my new Note so far. We're with AT&T so they still have the incredible trade in deal on select phones so we took advantage of that. Like some of you the rest of my house are on the Apple bandwagon so there's 13 pros coming within this month to our daughter and either my wife or teenage son depending on his grades.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Screen is third gen and they are having no issues, couldn't find any negatives about the durability. Other MFG's are coming out with their own type of Folds and it will be using the Samsung screens and design, licensed from them apparently. Battery is all day. I have even forgot to charge it at night and wake up with 10% or so.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For whatever is worth, 100,000 open and close cycles on YouTube and it still worked perfectly well. I share your concerns, but it seems they figured it out.