• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

New to boating. No YDS codes; yet port motor still won’t turn over?

Boatgirl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my 2006 AR 230 HO port engine will turn over but will not start. I have cleared all codes on the YDS and ran it again with no codes popping up. However, Port engine is full of oil like all the way to the top even before engine is started. Starboard engine is not that full of oil and is running well. Maybe this has something to do with why the port engine won’t start? Also, how do I know what size engine is in this boat? How can I find that out?

Pull out as much oil as you possible can. Also swap your fuel pumps and see if the issue is still there.

Oh no! That can cost a lot of $$ quickly! Your engine should be an MR1. 140hp if I recall

I know 😞 So far are just getting it diagnosed. That does sound like the correct engine. It has two I believe

If the oil was overfilled it can blow by onto the air filter and starve the engine for air. Check the air filter for oil, and use an oil extractor to pull the oil down to low when its cold.

You can run it without an air filter for short periods....especially on the water as there isn't much dust on the water!

Back