• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New V-Lift installed

Jayr212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I installed my new V-Lift this weekend. The time from getting the tanks off of palets in my driveway to my boat sitting in the slip high and dry was 11-12 hours with help from my wife and two boys. So far everything works as advertised. image.jpg

Nice lift! That is quite a label the dealer has on your $700 boat cover! I hope they are renting space or gave you a whale of a deal on it! Seriously, if they are a fabulous dealer like mine, I would let them put that on mine too. But maybe a discount would be nice!

I forgot to say...WELCOME ABOARD!

Looks good man. Sorry I couldn't get you the setting of the bunks but it looks like you figured it out. Any questions, just ask. Like I said before, NO way it could be installed in "about an hour" like the website/video's say !!!

I installed my new V-Lift this weekend. The time from getting the tanks off of palets in my driveway to my boat sitting in the slip high and dry was 11-12 hours with help from my wife and two boys. So far everything works as advertised. View attachment 8557

Nice! Congrats on the lift and glad setup wasn't too bad. Would you share the bunk locations so the next guy to buy one will have it?

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new lift. It looks awesome.

Nice lift! That is quite a label the dealer has on your $700 boat cover! I hope they are renting space or gave you a whale of a deal on it! Seriously, if they are a fabulous dealer like mine, I would let them put that on mine too. But maybe a discount would be nice!
This is really the first thing you say to a new member? WHAT IS IT TO YOU or why even toss in your 1 cent on the matter? What if he didnt get a deal at all but loves the boat he has and doesnt care about the advertisement on the cover. Now you make him feel he got screwed in some way... Step off of your soap box.... Keep your .01 in your pocket. You seem to feel you are right about everything and think that typing 45 paragraphs on why a large box anchor is right, or why a color is actually salmon vs pink etc makes you edumacated on said subject.

Wow, let's all relax. I too noticed the prominent display of the dealer on the cover and thought it was a bit over the top. I was somewhat annoyed when my dealer put their logo on each side of my boat, but left it on there knowing that with their "markings" I get priority service and discounts on parts and labor.

Also, being aggressive towards another member who you feel is being overly aggressive doesn't really make the situation any better. We all like waterjet propelled boats, so lets not get too concerned over what one person finds more important than others.

EDIT: BTW, OP, awesome lift system. I would like to see it in action!

Welcome aboard @Jayr212x. Love the lift and the boat. I'm looking to get the same lift as I like their simplicity.

The boat and lift look awesome. Welcome aboard!

I will avoid the argument above, that being said that is a cool looking boat lift. How much do they cost?

I looked very closely at these....when I got pricing they were $8500 plus shipping, which I couldn't afford- but would have loved this lift! I bought an Air-Dock - which for me was more affordable. These are much more solid - literally....so should last much longer than an Air-dock. Perhaps by the time my Air-Dock is end of life they'll be more of these on the used market? (I can only hope)

No worries...I got the cover at 'dealer cost' when I bought the boat. Seems like a decent trade-off.

I will avoid the argument above, that being said that is a cool looking boat lift. How much do they cost?

List price is $7600. I negotiated a 15% discount direct from Sunstream, plus two solar charging kits (4 panels) at $220 each, plus shipping. Definitely more than my first car...

List price is $7600. I negotiated a 15% discount direct from Sunstream, plus two solar charging kits (4 panels) at $220 each, plus shipping. Definitely more than my first car...
So @Jayr212x, do I understand correctly you paid $6460 ($7600 - 15%) total to include the solar panels? Or were the solar panels @ $220 X 4 = $880 extra? Did you do the install? When I contacted them it was somewhere around $8500 with solar panels & installation. They also referred me to a local dealer. They didn't seem to deal direct unless that's changed.

So @Jayr212x, do I understand correctly you paid $6460 ($7600 - 15%) total to include the solar panels? Or were the solar panels @ $220 X 4 = $880 extra? Did you do the install? When I contacted them it was somewhere around $8500 with solar panels & installation. They also referred me to a local dealer. They didn't seem to deal direct unless that's changed.

@Gym, the solar panels are sold separately. They come in pairs so I got two pair for $220 per pair. They could not find a dealer willing to travel to my location in Kentucky to do the assembly/install for me, so I had to buy direct. Believe me, I would have gladly paid the price for delivery since it was 93 degrees the day we put it all together.

I paid 7500 plus .07 nj sales tax $8025 total included delivery and installation and an extra key fob dealer just came back bc I was on a list for the "computer upgrade" now the computer can access wifi and a bunch of other stuff if I choose to do it. so I can check a bunch of stuff in the sunstream App

http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/sunstr...ed-boat-lift-tech-package-and-smartphone-app/

.No need for solar panels if you have an electric cord available that you can plug into the lift/

@Gym, the solar panels are sold separately. They come in pairs so I got two pair for $220 per pair. They could not find a dealer willing to travel to my location in Kentucky to do the assembly/install for me, so I had to buy direct. Believe me, I would have gladly paid the price for delivery since it was 93 degrees the day we put it all together.
But you still got the lift for $6460 with the 15% discount @Jayr212x? @geiger41 There is power available at the dock I'm using but it's a friends dock. I suppose I could offer him something but thought the solar option would be an easier way to go as I would have to run the cord across the dock creating a hazard. Any issues with your new lift @geiger41?

Running the power line across the dock isn't that bad. No different then doing it to charge a boat battery. Plus even if you throw him a 20 or so each month, its a lot cheaper then the solar option. As far as issues, I have ONE...it appears to be a MINI design flaw. On the 4 large bunks, you have to bolt them down at the end of each one to the tank and attach the top and bottom with washers, then tighten to keep the bunk secured to the tank

Its a bolt, nut, washers and a few other pieces. Issue is, the end of the bunk is not closed off so you cant simply plug the bolt through. It is open so you could slide the bolt in. What happens is that the bolt after time can slide back out and fall in the water,

This has happened to me 2x. Talked to the dealer about this and he has told Sunstream about this. Had to go to hardware store and get some new hardware (like 5 bucks). If the tips of the bunks were closed, then no matter how much friction, they bolts could not slide off. TIP if this happens to anyone, the more you lower the tank the easier to put on the new hardware. Tanks are less expanded making everything easier...

But as far as operation and ease.....its great !!!!

You can actually see what I mean on @Jayr212x photo. I can zoom in on my computer which makes seeing what I mean easier

Back