• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newb family with a 240SX needs throttle assistance

Rufio

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2D67B173-1353-463B-8331-B508599ECE67.jpeg
Howdy all! Did my maiden voyage with our new to us 2011 SX240. My only issue is when docking I have a hard time finding the first detent for forward, neutral, and reverse so I can use no wake mode. It’s too easy to go past the first detent and suddenly launching the boat. Maybe I just need to get used to the feeling but I wish there were a button to press or that the difference between the first detent forward and the full out forward were much more obvious.

suggestions?

I have done the same thing. I use idle for docking more than no-wake. Are your shifter and steering cables moving easily?

My 2016 has a very noticeable detent after neutral. Basically the mechanical feeling of the reverse bucket lifting and then noticable stop at the no wake position.

Welcome!

I think this is something you will get used to.

Agree. You will get used to bumping it in and out of “gear” with the throttle. I generally avoid using the no wake adjustments as it only complicates the process and isn’t really necessary unless you are dealing with windy conditions.

Do you have e series?
There should be tensioner screws to tighten it up a little but not really anything for making detents more pronounce

Do you have e series?
There should be tensioner screws to tighten it up a little but not really anything for making detents more pronounce

Hope this helps. Not sure if it applies to yours though

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.27.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.27.37 AM.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 13
Back