• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie In Bay City, TX

Roughnecks83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I've been looking at the Yamaha line up of jet boats for the last year. Decided to go to the Houston Boat Show and look at 'em again. Well, I finally took the 1st step! I put down my deposit on a new 2015 210 and am waiting to schedule the test drive and then try to finalize the deal after the boat show. I'm looking for any pointers, tips or suggestions with regard to being a 1st time boat owner, the financing process, the pros & cons of this boat etc..

Thanks in advance for you help.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and congrats on your new boat!

Is it an AR210 with a tower or a SX210 without a tower?

The 210 lineup is cancelled for 2016. They use an older, extremely reliable MR1 engine that Yamaha is no longer producing. We may see the model reborn with TR1 engines in the future.

Being last years model and it being Winter I would expect you to receive quite a discount but knowing that the 210s in stock now are all there are perhaps not?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, Bay City is a nice little town, our Grandmother used to live in Sweeny,

make sure you take a test drive, let go of the wheel while at speed and make sure it doesn't "pull" a certain way, note the top speed and how the acceleration feels, it should put you back into the seat and get on plane in 5 seconds,

do you plan to use it on the river or take it to the gulf?

make sure you look at the FAQ for lot's of great ideas and info,

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats! (Nice choice too...)

There is tons of info here for you to do research, I think the biggest thing is to learn as much as you can before taking the wheel (boating rules/laws, boat features, etc.). When you do get it on the water take your time, I suggest going on whatever day would not be busy at the launch/water. It's really nice to not be rushed doing the maiden voyage and checking it all out, especially it being your first boat.

For the most part these boats are pretty much gas and go, so nothing that needs to be done right away, but there always is something that can be done and improved on.

Feel free to reach out with any specific questions. I basically have the same boat as you (no changes between mine and yours outside of color) and this year will be our 3rd full season with it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Roughnecks83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and congrats on your new boat!

Is it an AR210 with a tower or a SX210 without a tower?

The 210 lineup is cancelled for 2016. They use an older, extremely reliable MR1 engine that Yamaha is no longer producing. We may see the model reborn with TR1 engines in the future.

Being last years model and it being Winter I would expect you to receive quite a discount but knowing that the 210s in stock now are all there are perhaps not?
It's an AR210 with the tower, I would have preferred the SX210 but those were gone.

Roughnecks83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, Bay City is a nice little town, our Grandmother used to live in Sweeny,

make sure you take a test drive, let go of the wheel while at speed and make sure it doesn't "pull" a certain way, note the top speed and how the acceleration feels, it should put you back into the seat and get on plane in 5 seconds,

do you plan to use it on the river or take it to the gulf?

make sure you look at the FAQ for lot's of great ideas and info,
Scottintexas, thanks for you comment. I grew up in Brazoria, went to school in West Columbia and am very familiar with Sweeny... Small world huh? I will primarily be using the boat in the Colorado and San Bernard rivers with occasional trips to Travis & Canyon lakes. No plans for the Gulf though. Take my test drive next saturday and I'll make sure follow up on your suggestions.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's an AR210 with the tower, I would have preferred the SX210 but those were gone.
That is what i said when i bought a boat (i didnt wake board... at the time)... But now i REALLY wish i had the tower, not only for water sports, but primarily for additional storage/space...

It would be nice to get the boards out of the boat (or off the floor) to free up space... Trust me, you may not think you want it, but you will over time... Plus in my opinion, it will help with resale if you never sell it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congratulations on the new boat. I was going to go to the show, but I already felt poor enough so...

Make sure that you make a point to come up to Lake Conroe with @MrMoose and me!

Roughnecks83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congratulations on the new boat. I was going to go to the show, but I already felt poor enough so...

Make sure that you make a point to come up to Lake Conroe with @MrMoose and me!
Other than my test drive a couple of weeks ago, I've never been on Lake Conroe. Would probably be a cool trip though.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length