• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Nice bow layout in the new 23' Larson

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's a nice looking boat. We alomost bought a Larson back in 2000 but decided in a 19.5' chaparral. We loved the chaparral but it was just to small for where we boat. I bet the price on the Larson is extremely attractive for someone looking for a 23-25' I/O

It is a nice looking boat but I like the walk through in ours better. There are enough restaurant piers where the stern is too low or sticks out the back that walking up the steps in the bow is the best option. Riding backwards would seem unappealing to me as well but I am sure others would like it.

The cockpit layout just shows how amazing our boats are! We have a HUGE U shaped cockpit (some with captains seats--depending on year/model) - WAY bigger than the Larson....so much space wasted by the engine/transmission etc.

I agree with @davel501 I love being able to enter and exit out boat via the bow.

I wonder how many people would leave the table in place while under way and cause broken ribs for any unwitting passengers , even if they warn you not to leave the table there with passengers in the front, some people will ignore the warning. It was the very first thing that came to mind when I saw the layout, I'm just making an observation.

First boat was a 1998 Larson 176 SEI. We had it for 2 years before we purchased our 07 SX230 this year. Good little boat for being 15 years old.

I just saw this Larson boat the other day(online) I thinks its pretty nice too.
I think one strange thing was , No Place for an Anchor in the Bow??....on a 23' boat, its kind of a must.
Seems petty....but...

Also, for a Jet Boat or Inboard owner, that Bolt on Swim Platform is WAY TOO HIGH?

Nice looking boat just the same.

I really like the two tone look of the interior. Looks like it was "inspired" by a Colbalt with the interior and the blue color on the outside.

I really like the two tone look of the interior. Looks like it was "inspired" by a Colbalt with the interior and the blue color on the outside.
^^^ Very much Cobalt.... I thought so too.
In fact we like some of the Cobalt Interiors , it affected our MC purchase...IMG_0230.JPGIMG_0230.JPG IMG_6958.jpg IMG_7835.jpg IMG_8040.JPG IMG_8041.JPG IMG_8047.JPG

I had a Larson 226LXI with a Volvo 5.0 efi for 14 years...It was a great boat. The only thing I ever had to do to it mechanically was to replace the starter twice. My son know has it and loves it!

Mine were burgandy and they got hotter than hell

Don't those dark seats get blazingly hot?

We live in the South West and do a Good bit of Desert/River Boating.
95-105 temps are not uncommon.
Bimini top is a Must...as with our Yammie 242
Not big deal if the Boat is Moving...
When we are stopped, anchored etc... we do have Towels out in the Bow and Sun Pad as needed....
We had to do that with our Yammie 242 too...

If you step on the Boat (cushion)bare foot from the Dock mid day it is very hot.
We were concerned when we got it....70hrs into this season it has not posed a big problem.

We are going to Lake Powell next week with an 18 person Group and 2 Houseboats...
Ill let you know when I get back......It should be very hot there.

:devilhorns:

@lashburn1 beautiful boat! Those seats look very nice!

Hmmm.....another 'saga' thread to follow? :winkingthumbsup" Enjoyed reading about the last one!

Don't want to divert this thread...but we are already looking.... LOL....but who ever really stops looking when it comes to Boats

Well, the X30 and X10 are nice boats! Never stepped foot in a Mastercraft on the water. Just at a boat show. They are nice for sure!

Back