• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not sure what this seal is?!

Andy88

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody know if this is just a seal? Will silicone work? The first and second picture show it hanging out. The third pic shows the other one that is still intact53F9A748-FF9C-4907-89D7-3332423B5D5A.jpeg5C38C8DC-2B9A-48FA-B6BB-F81D7BB29513.jpeg

It looks like the exhaust seal around the fiberglass hull, my 2022 had nothing on it and I have seen many others with nothing. Probably more of a cosmetic thing.

I have one side that is still intact and the other the excess sealant came off just like yours. I checked for leaks on the inside of the hull and didnt find any. But you might want to take a mirror and flashlight to that area to look for any signs of salt crust or pooled water.

Thanks for help!

Yamaha afterbirth....very common, nothing to worry about.

normal

Oh yeah the silicone exhaust spooge...got my own last year.

As stated above...normal.

Exhaust Silicone.png

Back