• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

off season hobbies?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And I forgot....following and encouraging my daughter to swim and see if she can challenge my nephew who goes to Regional Championships in Florida this weekend....and perhaps State Championships the following weekend! He is #1 seed for the 50 Yard Freestyle at Regionals, and #3 seed for 100 Yard

Florida District 7 Finals- Event 8 Boys 50 Yard Freestyle
=============================================
National Record: # 19.29 2013 Caeleb Dressell, Clay,FL
State: # 19.29 2013 Caeleb Dressell, Clay, Clay
Pool Records: 21.59 10/20/2005 Michael Silva, Freedom

Name Age School Finals
==============================================
1 Mitchell, Bradley N 16 Berkeley-FL 22.25 -- this is my Nephew--came in 1st! Woot! (proud uncle)

Regionals (Class 1A Region 3) Line up at Shorecrest Prep in St. Petersburg
State Champs Line up will be posted here but won't be posted until Div 1 finished regionals.

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Julian
Clay Florida? Do you mean Clay County? If it is in Clay County you are on 40 miles from me. Also one of the most beautiful spring fed lakes is located there at Camp Blanding it is called Kingsley Lake.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hunting season starts , bow and gun. My golf season also starts. Since I don't golf in the summer, cuts into my boating, I golf in the fall and winter. You know those dang balls find incredibly hiding places when there are leaves on the ground.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian
Clay Florida? Do you mean Clay County? If it is in Clay County you are on 40 miles from me. Also one of the most beautiful spring fed lakes is located there at Camp Blanding it is called Kingsley Lake.
Sorry...the header info is the State and National records for that event....which are both held by Caeleb Dressell. My nephew is Bradley Mitchell. (I'll edit to make that clear)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's the problem....I do!! Lol. Fairway isn't the issue, tons of trees around the greens where I play. I know the ball is there....:confused:

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
we go ice fishing, but that's after January usually. Then after the ice is safe, we take the snowmobiles out and go snomosleding... this is where we get going 50+ MPH on the snowmobile towing a wooden sled (that has guides) across the snow padded ice of a lake. It fills in the time when fishing is slow :). no one has been hurt yet, knock on wood!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boating ends - camping starts, and I like to play with my 1969 plymouth :)

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Darts, pool, drink, (oh I'm sorry thats year round) but my favorite thing to do is mechanic's. I put my rear-end and a recliner and i love to do the front end work on the old lady!

Last edited:

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmmmm.... I actually have more hobbies I'd LIKE to do than hobbies I actually have TIME to do...

The one I've got the biggest investment in is a shop full of tools. I'm no cabinetmaker by any stretch but I do the vast majority of our home-improvement projects and auto-repair. I'm not so sure that's really a "hobby" to me though. More like a job away from job.

On the true hobby side of things, a few years ago I bough a guitar, an amplifier, and started learning how to play it via the "Learn and Master Guitar" DVD set. I was making slow but steady progress in the winter months for a while. I'm a little bit past "Mary Had A Little Lamb" but certainly not ready for anything too fancy. (Keep in mind 4 kids and a full time job here.) Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time lately and it's been sitting idle for a while.

Another hobby I got into fairly recently is board-gaming. We're not talking Monopoly here. There is a whole genre of board games out there that I had no idea existed. Many of them are playable solo - which is good because sometimes you just can't get anyone who has time to sit down with you. There's a web site out there called boardgamegeek.com that can turn into nearly as big of a money pit as this place. "Oh! That game looks fun! And only $75 on Amazon!"

The board gaming thing spun off into miniature painting. That was something I never thought I could do but it turns out I'm not too bad at it. Really makes the games look great. I'll probably get going on that again after the holidays settle down.

The big hobby I've got coming up this week is decorating the house for Christmas. No lights on the upper roof this year - the snow beat me to it - but I've still got a couple of days worth of work to do to get everything set up. That will keep me occupied.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2014-10-11 18.14.53.jpg
I needed to legitimize my alcoholism, so I built a bar with a dual tap draft system! Currently enjoying Franconia Lager (local beer) & Sam Adams Oktoberfest (need to finish the keg so that I can get the Winter Lager). Also had to install some multi color LED's to support my Baylor Bears.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Finally built a 3 door cabinet for the laundry room. Don't have a pic of it painted yet, but added some much needed storage. Currently working on completing a nightstand for my side of the bed. Just have to finish making the doors, sand and stain then it'll be finished.

Attachments

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally built a 3 door cabinet for the laundry room. Don't have a pic of it painted yet, but added some much needed storage. Currently working on completing a nightstand for my side of the bed. Just have to finish making the doors, sand and stain then it'll be finished.
Very nice work! Another woodworker!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Class of 01 here. You been to the new stadium? I don't recognize the campus anymore.
I didn't recognize it when my BIL graduated. I was there back when the only food options were Waco elite and chilis. We worked out in a gym smaller than my high school had and played racquetball in open outdoor courts! I wish I went there now. Haven't been to the new stadium or to campus since about five years ago homecoming. It all looks awesome in pictures.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Very nice work! Another woodworker!
Thanks Mike. It's always been an interest of mine and have been learning on the fly. Just a half dozen projects or so under my belt, but I find that it's great therapy.