• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ok to use boat lift slip?

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Team, quick question. I am going to Lake Okiboji in Iowa and the condo I am staying at has a boat lift slip. Are these ok with our yamahas?

What Yamaha do you have? Your boat information states other.

Is that something different than a regular lift?

Nope. Just new to a jetboat and was looking for advice on if using it would damage anything back by the inlets.

All day.

Attachments

• 283750872_10160409551149407_3864185067130030946_n.jpg
    283750872_10160409551149407_3864185067130030946_n.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks. Great to hear.
Your only challenge will be if the lift bunks are lined up the way your boat needs them. Yamahas want a narrow bunk layout.....not sure the owner of your slip will want you moving the bunks. Unclear if they will work well without photos of them.

It's really no different than sitting on a trailer if the bunks are spaced properly. Be careful if there are no padded guide poles when entering it. Or have extra hands to keep it centered before raising.

If at all possible, find out the rating of the lift, and do not overload it. Always empty your ballasts if you anywhere near capacity.

It's really no different than sitting on a trailer if the bunks are spaced properly. Be careful if there are no padded guide poles when entering it. Or have extra hands to keep it centered before raising.

If at all possible, find out the rating of the lift, and do not overload it. Always empty your ballasts if you anywhere near capacity.
All great points! Thank you so much

might also want to check where the bunks will be in relation to your thru hull transducer... wouldn't want the bunk pushing up against that

We have a 2019 Yamaha AR240, We live at the lake so it live in a dock on a boat lift. We did have to change the lift as it was for a pontoon and was only for use up to 4,000lbs. So we upped that to account for people and gas to 8,000lbs. I would just check to see if the lift can hold your particular weight.

Team, quick question. I am going to Lake Okiboji in Iowa and the condo I am staying at has a boat lift slip. Are these ok with our yamahas?
I’m surprised the owner will let you use the lift. Every time I ask when renting a VBRO, I get a hard NO!

I’m surprised the owner will let you use the lift. Every time I ask when renting a VBRO, I get a hard NO!
Ice actually rented some that let you.

Back