• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

old hull new hole...

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
out on my daily sunset three hour tour (just a metaphor) and notice the automatic bilge pump running much more frequently... I got a drip drip midbearing seal but it don't leak enough to run the bilge pump normally... so out came the bilge tray and sure enough it looked like the scupper was leaking (just changed this spring when I changed the engines) closer inspection revealed a steady stream coming from a corner of the hull right next to the scupper... so I feel around on the outside and sure enough there's a ragged chunk the size of a nickel missing out of the gelcoat... odd place I'm guessing a rouge prop strike or a chunk of wood... anywho it wasn't there last Friday when I greased the cables and did a regular weekly check of the jet drives and intakes... out comes the west system and some color... I'll patch the outside with some structural filler, then when that cures I'll clean and put a strip of cloth and resin on the inside corner...

attachment - 2022-11-03T101827.287.jpgattachment - 2022-11-03T101845.144.jpg

Bummer, but good that you are aware of what your boat is doing and caught this right away. So many owners are oblivious to what is happening.

Wow, you can see thru the strands of the glass mat. I would expect to see more resin and glass in that corner. Good catch.

Wow, you can see thru the strands of the glass mat. I would expect to see more resin and glass in that corner. Good catch.
yeah no kidding the hull is massive thick in some places and translucent two layers thin in that area... look how thick the gelcoat is... 0120"... thats going on the list to beef up in the future... I think another layer of tight weave through that entire compartment would help dramatically

Back