• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow! Staying away from those impellers!

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, impros offered me to pay $337 for a different brand replacement and they would custom pitch for free.

I may just put the stock back on for the rest of the year. Not interested in spending $350 after I just bought a replacement Yamaha cover because the first one tears like a wet paper bag.

Maybe I shouldn't trailer the boat with it? But I figured $800 would yield a quality product.

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Staying away from those impellers!
I was in Kentucky Lake when this happened a few days ago. I really liked it there, its halfway from me in Charlotte to my brother in IA so we rented a house. Will definitely be back.

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update to busted impeller.

I hounded Solas and got a reply a few nights ago. They asked my boat model and if there are any mods. I said no, gave them the model/year and they came back this morning saying they will replace it for me with thicker blades.

Based on some other people's research and hard work (@swatski and others) I am going to try the stock setup with an L13 cone that should arrive tomorrow.

Solas is from overseas and said they are closed from today through Aug 7th. So I won't have the impeller in my hands until late August anyway, might as well work with the stock system the rest of the season.

If I like the stock setup, I may just sell the new Solas.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP I am not in water but trying to get plugs back into clean out ports. Lubed the plug as well as port... it appears the gasket has expanded from previous owner and won' set back in.

Any idea? Could I used rubber band around it to try and get from the plastic part into metal?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP I am not in water but trying to get plugs back into clean out ports. Lubed the plug as well as port... it appears the gasket has expanded from previous owner and won' set back in.

Any idea? Could I used rubber band around it to try and get from the plastic part into metal?
Did you have difficulty removing them? I would clean the metal sleeve they sit in. Quite often they get a salt or mineral build up. I use a coarse scrubble from the kitchen sink with some soap or some fine sandpaper. Then a little silicone spray. Wipe the excess spray off. Make sure the slots that the dogs lock into are clear of debris.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will try that. It took about 20min to pull out... I used silicone on the metal sleeve will try cleaning the dog locks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If your having difficulty getting them back in, that is an indicator that the plug is swollen and while you may be able to salvage another few uses, at some point you won’t be able to get them back out. Also, having this difficulty can end up wth you not being able to get them completely installed correctly, and result in a bad plug blowout. So the best advise imo, is to rebuild the plugs. Yamaha sells a kit, that includes the lower plug half, and the seal/gasket. At last check, the kit was about $45 per plug. Keeping the plugs clean and dry when not in use, and storing them outside the clean out tube will increase longevity.

Last edited:

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DCB-270 and i pulled his out on the lake one day because of a fishing line wrapped around impeller, same thing his were swollen, its a pain in the ass but keep working with them. twist and push in and a piece of something to help them go into the seat. like a wide screw driver, good luck

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Administrative maybe we should lock this thread so members don't respond here with problems ?

since boating season for the majority is quickly approaching maybe we could we put up a banner like we do for the special sales notify people of the "help" function and a link to this thread on how to sign up to help.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be getting a rebuild kit. Got it back in but I don't wanna deal with that every time especially if I'm on the water and something got stuck in there.

I knew this wasn' the thread since it' not boating season and on the water but needed immediate help as it was about to ruin our weekend camping trip.

Thanks for quick responses

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I knew this wasn' the thread since it' not boating season and on the water but needed immediate help as it was about to ruin our weekend camping trip.

Thanks for quick responses
That's no problem we're glad we could help, it's the @ help feature that pings everyone not replying in this thread so a new thread would have probably been answered just as quickly. Unique threads help keeps problems separated.

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to look at the FAQ tab at the top of the page for lot's of great tips and DIY ideas.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The plug kit works great. I could hardly get mine in, now just like new.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP
Trying to install my lateral thrusters on my new sx190. Removed the snap ring and the bolt off the rudder but can’t get the shaft in the articulated keel to release.. only got it down about 1/8”.

Any help is appreciated

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I cant see my boat at the moment, but have you watch Will's videos on YouTube?

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I did