• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Gym @itsdgm Well, still have a leak - not as fast as before, but still there. The guys at The Resort Boat Shop in Coeur d'Alene did all they could to troubleshoot, but since they don't work on Yamaha's or jets (Cobalt, Malibu, Carver, and custom wooden boat dealer) they didn't want to go any further b/c of cost. They had it for 2 weeks, did some troubleshooting, caulked/siliconed, put it in and out of the tank 3 times - no charge. Gr8 guys! They said I could use their tank again after my Yamaha dealer does the warranty work, so I can make sure it is good to go.

Picture of 'The Full Quiver' in the tank. 'Full' is taking on a new meaning these days... :(
Pic4.jpg

Starboard side - looking through the access hatch between the two clean out plugs. There was a hole in the silicone on the right side, which Resort guys sealed. Water is coming in much slower now(can't see where), but still coming in. Water is pooling in the cavity on the right side of the black hose with blue siding. Once that is full, it fills the center cavity, then over into the engine compartment.

All LED's, scuppers, hardware are bone dry, so we're thinking there is a cavity underneath what you're looking at below that isn't sealed and when the water comes up in the jet intake, that it is leaking up. Dropped it off at the Yamaha dealer and walked them through what we have done and they'll be working on it as warranty work. Hopefully they can figure it out and get it done quickly.
Pic1.jpg

Different angle - you can see the water on the other side of the hose. That's about 5 minutes worth.
Pic2.jpg

Different issue - small leak on port side(next to the clamp screw by the hose)
Pic3.jpg

This is the worst part of it all...:banghead:
Pic5.jpg

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the update @Belteddeep. Looks like you're making some progress. The upper and lower sections of the boat have had occasional sealant issues. You might try putting it on the trailer, putting 8-10 gallons in the engine compartment with a hose. This will drain into the lower bilge. Then stand behind the boat and see if you observe water dripping from anyplace. Could be the gardboard drain (bilge plug and mounting) is leaking as it did with @Bruce causing him to replace it. You could also have a main seal leak around the impeller shaft. Have you or dealer been servicing the impeller seal by shooting some grease in there annually? I'm just throwing out some ideas based on what we've seen over the years. Keep us in the loop.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks - talking to the service department at the dealer, it sounded like they were going to do that. He also mentioned the impeller shaft. Hopefully they can figure it out this week and get me on the water.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Engine over temp warning on one engine, removed some wood chunks. How soon can i run it? Started briefly, pee holes peeing. Help!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I guess we let you down by not responding faster. Run it right away, it will be fine.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Engine over temp warning on one engine, removed some wood chunks. How soon can i run it? Started briefly, pee holes peeing. Help!
Be sure you put the @ sign before the word help...this will alert those members who have signed up for the help usergroup and get you a faster reply.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Should be good to go, and as Julian said, you need to put the at sign in front of help.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys. @Philip gave me some great advice while i was out there. After about 20 minutes, the warning was not there, i drove it home and all seems ok. Ive sucked up plenty of crap, but that is only the second time it caused me to overheat. The first time, it was a catfish!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks guys. @Philip gave me some great advice while i was out there. After about 20 minutes, the warning was not there, i drove it home and all seems ok. Ive sucked up plenty of crap, but that is only the second time it caused me to overheat. The first time, it was a catfish!
I think the manual specifically states you are not supposed to catch catfish with the intake grate.....just sayin....lol

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sucked up two catfish so far....realized that when I was wet slipping, the catfish liked the intakes as a place to hide and pounce on smaller fish. So the kids first act when getting on the boat was to do "The Catfish Dance" to get them out of the intake (I'd also bump the ignition a couple of times before fully starting it to give them one last chance before I fired up). Sucking up a big one is a pain and messy!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sucked up two catfish so far....realized that when I was wet slipping, the catfish liked the intakes as a place to hide and pounce on smaller fish. So the kids first act when getting on the boat was to do "The Catfish Dance" to get them out of the intake (I'd also bump the ignition a couple of times before fully starting it to give them one last chance before I fired up). Sucking up a big one is a pain and messy!
Yamaha boats are a natural evolution in high efficiency fish processing technology. You don't even have to catch the fish! We've come a long way in the 40 years since the Super Bass-O-Matic!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the manual specifically states you are not supposed to catch catfish with the intake grate.....just sayin....lol
I've not sucked up catfish, but did a sub move into a school of fish and had about 2 dozen swimming in the boat!

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
what's the ground catfish look like in the water? Noticeable and like a jaws seen or just slightly noticeable?

A new way for the FSH top chum lol

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I overheated, didn't see anything in cleanout port, pulled boat all the way home and there it was...sucked into the grate and blown apart.

Attachments

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yuk! I would have shit myself if i pulled a plug and was feeling around and felt ole Mr whiskers in there.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Get out the grill, honey! We got one!"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A few days later in the yard or garage...."Y'all smell something?"

aaron jansen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HELP
Here is the situation. We stopped at a "beach" to let my 18 month old nephew "swim" a little. Had a good time and then decided to move on. Boat was beached nose first at a sandy/rocky beach at Kentucky Lake in KY.
We moved off shore to fill up the tube. Then took two people tubing for a short run, then one. During the single rider I noticed the boat had a hard time getting above 20 mph. I have a 2015 AR190, probably should have stated that earlier.
Then we had two others that wanted to try, boat couldn't even get above 15mph.
Packed up the tube and decided to head home. The boat wouldn't go above 10mph, the more throttle I give it, the more it vibrates and doesn't go any faster.
At one point I felt like it pooped something out and felt it, then it went to 11mph but still same nasty vibration and lack of response when throttle down.
I have checked the clean out port to make sure it was snug as the dealer forgot to replace that when we upgraded impeller and found out the hard way that is the first thing to check.
Any suggestions? I am almost 500 miles from home and have virtually no tools and 2 days left on this trip.
I have two wrenches and needle nose pliers lol :)

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like you have something stuck in the pump or wrapped around the shaft. Pull the plug and reach in and feel with your hands for anything between the blades and the wear ring, or wrapped around the shaft.