• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

One Down....One To Go!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
0611151543a.jpg

And the other one done!
0611151651a.jpg Now ...to the river Saturday!

Time to go have fun now!

Yes.....these are the Ultimates. Can't wait to take it out on Saturday!

You'll love them....I love mine. Huge improvement over the 10 year old fin design. No wake zone tracking is awesome now.

You'll love them....I love mine. Huge improvement over the 10 year old fin design. No wake zone tracking is awesome now.

@Murf'n'surf really? No, c'mon...really?

Hmmmm, let my coffee kick in so I can begin to wrap my head around this.

You noticed a significant difference between these and the old design?

I have the originals. They are shiny and a neat cobra sticker on them.....how could these new ones possibly be better?

Suddenly I'm starting to feel "Fin Envy"....

One thing is for sure, they would look great all polished up with my HUGE Cobra on them...

normal_tabs1.jpg

:cool:

@Murf'n'surf really? No, c'mon...really?

Hmmmm, let my coffee kick in so I can begin to wrap my head around this.

You noticed a significant difference between these and the old design?

I have the originals. They are shiny and a neat cobra sticker on them.....how could these new ones possibly be better?

Suddenly I'm starting to feel "Fin Envy"....

One thing is for sure, they would look great all polished up with my HUGE Cobra on them...

View attachment 23408

:cool:
Nice trim tabs!

I thought about polishing mine but stopped that thought quickly after it entered my clogged head. Come on Gman.....everybody is doing it! Get your new fins already!

Ok....so we were on the river all day today with the new Cobra Ultimates......one word....ok 3 words....OMG!!! It was like driving a totally different boat! The handling and steering response was unbelievable. Jeff. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC understated the difference in the old fins to the Ultimates. My wife actually enjoyed driving the boat for the first time in forever! Jeff you mad a believer out of me! Thank you.

Cool, but now you don't get to drive the boat, Mama does and you only get to drive it to fill it up with fuel so she can drive it more.

@geiger41
I'm not sure about the size difference, I just know I wanted metal fins not plastic. For us on the river we boat in, it is inevitable they are going to hit sand at one time or another. I had great luck with the old Cobra's so it was an easy choice for me. And the funny thing is I found my smiling the whole time driving.

OK soooo.. my boat has cobra steering fins but the are like the old ones he took off....I didn't realize there were better ones..... how much work to install them? If it makes the wife want to drive the boat I am all for it. I would love to sit in the back and cruse....

Install is easier than the originals... No drilling just bolts.

Cool.... I guess I will add it to the list... it seems weird.. very rare does the list semester to get shorter...

Back