• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opinions wanted: New Stereo HU

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When I replaced mine, the Fusion wouldn't fit in the stock space as the lower edge would hit the edge of the fiberglass. That said, there is room to move it up some, it would require some cutting and adjusting and a new bracket.....I wasn't into cutting inside the glove compartment. I was also looking at one that the faceplate opened up on, and was concerned about it hitting the top edge of the glove compartment door frame. Here is a photo I grabbed online...

2005 stereo shot.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I replaced mine, the Fusion wouldn't fit in the stock space as the lower edge would hit the edge of the fiberglass. That said, there is room to move it up some, it would require some cutting and adjusting and a new bracket.....I wasn't into cutting inside the glove compartment. I was also looking at one that the faceplate opened up on, and was concerned about it hitting the top edge of the glove compartment door frame. Here is a photo I grabbed online...

View attachment 14376
Oh snap! I have been thinking of going to a Fusion HU also and you make a very good point about room for the larger HU and folding face plate.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@maboat How well did the nrx200 fit on the dash location? Got a pic?
Sorry for the delay, my boat is stashed away for the winter.

The Fusion NRX200 just BARELY fits. Actually, its slightly wedged between the blower switch and the blower circuit breaker boot.

image.jpg
Fits fine on the swim deck, of course....
image.jpg

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh snap! I have been thinking of going to a Fusion HU also and you make a very good point about room for the larger HU and folding face plate
It fits, but you do need to modify the existing hole. Its also a tight fit, but possible. I'll try to remember to take a picture next time I uncover the boat, but it may be a while...

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @maboat of the pics of the helm remote. Answers my question about the RA205 fitting in that spot. Be interested to see your HU install whenever you get the chance.
HU

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, after several months I finally got my new stereo installed today. I went with a Kenwood HU and remotes.20150313_105248.jpg Since I was on a budget. I didn't go too expensive but the HU has Bluetooth, streams Pandora, Sirius, and all the other fun options I was looking for. 20150313_114932.jpgHere was my solution the round peg in square hole problem. I cut a couple pieces from a plastic cutting board to fill in the hole. 20150313_144849.jpg
Then surface mounted the new remote.It worked out pretty well if I do say so myself.20150313_173852.jpg
I also now have a working remote on the swim platform. Everything was easy to install and works great. I couldn't be happier.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

MITEASWELL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I really like this Fusion HU. I had to modify the location to get it to fit. heres what i did to make it work.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg