• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pacific Northwest New Member. Tacoma/Seattle Area!

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought a 2018 AR210 on 26th May this year. This weekend is Wetsounds Install with a 6 channel amp! This thursday I am rewiring the boat electrical to add a second battery with an ACR.

There seems to be very few people on here from PNW. So what if our waters may be cold, they are still awesome! (Jab to Floridians enjoying their 90 deg water)

Whose in for Seafair this year??!!

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Done seafair several times and have found that it is a great place to have some drunk smack your boat when they can't control their stuff and get hassled by one of the two hundred patrol officers looking to write tickets. I would rather spend my time on banks lake soaking up the sun. That's me though. Congrats on the new boat. You will have fun

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
True story, at Seafair last year I waited till midnight at the ramp (I had an older Maxum then) walking around with my boat tied up to the side docks in the water. Cops were out till literally midnight still searching to give BUI tickets. 1 guy got a BUI at 11:30pm at night, they were that desperate! I waited until they finally left, then went and got my boat and drove home. Seafair is getting harsh you are right, but this year I am going to be watching my booze intake and manage to always be under legal limit.

DirkG

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, and welcome!

Squirts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome Nick! (Kind of strange saying welcome to someone when I am also brand new here)

I'm in Lynnwood and put in on Lk Washington from the Kenmore ramp. Lets hook up on the lake (or any lake near by). I would love to see your second battery install, I plan on doing that soon as well.

I will pass on Seafair and 4th of July for that matter. Let the amateurs go get drunk and smash someone else's boat but not mine!

- Rob

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we need at least one PNW gathering a year. Has anyone here ever put their boat in Puget sound? Wife and I usually go to lake Washington or American lake in Lakewood. I am so tempted to put the boat in Saltwater and explore the islands but I a also scared of corrosion. I mean yea you can flush your engines but what about all the salt inside the boat that people will bring when they jump in and out of the water?

Oh and @Squirts.. second battery install went flawless and I now have a bulletproof electrical system. If you need any help on the wiring diagram or any pictures, let me know.

4link

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
topgun882006 from the other site made several trips to orcas island and the san juans.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think we need at least one PNW gathering a year. Has anyone here ever put their boat in Puget sound? Wife and I usually go to lake Washington or American lake in Lakewood. I am so tempted to put the boat in Saltwater and explore the islands but I a also scared of corrosion. I mean yea you can flush your engines but what about all the salt inside the boat that people will bring when they jump in and out of the water?

Oh and @Squirts.. second battery install went flawless and I now have a bulletproof electrical system. If you need any help on the wiring diagram or any pictures, let me know.
I took a previous boat out on the sound and launched south end of marysville.. very calm just offshore Everett/Tulalip.. good way to get your “feet wet” on the sound but close to shore...

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you tell me what kind of precaution you take when dipping in salt water? Do you spray silicone on the entire engine?? What about any metal parts in the cabin? Like window seals, chair springs, support brackets etc.??

Squirts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am all for a San Juan trip. I need to get a plot charter and VHF before I go though.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
We just got our AR195 in April. I'm in Marysville and we usually go to Stevens or Whatcom, but also go to Eastern WA. I've been wanting to go on the sound from either the Snohomish or the Everett Marina. I'd be down to meet up also. We are really starting to like wakesurfing.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

I also want to add a second battery next year and would love to see how you did it. I'll go exploring the sound with you. I can put in at the snohomish launch about 5 miles from my house. On high tide it's real easy to access the sound. We could go out to Jetty Island or down to Lynnwood or Edmonds.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the wiring diagram what I followed. The only difference here is that I did put the ACR on the load side and NOT on the battery side. That way the external dual battery charger (I have the ProMariner 2 bank charger) can sense independent voltage without the ACR closing on shore power. It's a perfect setup that way. I can show you pictures of my boat or you can see in person. I am in Tacoma. One thing this diagram does not show is that you need a 1-2Amp in-line fuse on the Ground Wire (10 gage) from the ACR ground to the negative terminal of the start battery. That's all.

Link to dual battery add a kit from Blue Sea :- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RZNP5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link to dual onboard charger :- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5EBS66/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add_second_battery_wiring_diagram.jpg

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We just got our AR195 in April. I'm in Marysville and we usually go to Stevens or Whatcom, but also go to Eastern WA. I've been wanting to go on the sound from either the Snohomish or the Everett Marina. I'd be down to meet up also. We are really starting to like wakesurfing.
There is a boat launch just as you enter south marysville on state street..

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
There is a boat launch just as you enter south marysville on state street..
Yeah I live 5 kin min from there and that's where I normally get gas for the boat