• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

paid in full...what a great feeling

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
although one can make an argument a boat payment is a fair trade off for years of memories, i will take a clear title in hand any day of the week. long story short, my siblings (thankfully a brother who is an attorney) had to sue our stepmother over the estate of my late father. it was quite a shock to find out our "sweet" stepmother had been trying to gain total control over his estate despite what my father's wishes were. after almost eight months, we finally settled the estate. a boat purchase would have never made any sense to my father; however i think he might have been shortsided in his thinking. there is nothing better in the world then to take a short 10 minute ride to the dock and be transported to a great vacation every single week the weather cooperates. i've talked to morgan about trying to think of a name for our boat.....somehow incorporating a reference to honor both my parents who are gone. maybe that's my winter mod.

Last edited:
How about "My Legacy" or "Family Money"?

Congrats on paying off the boat loan. I unexpectedly paid mine off about a year ago and almost instantly after that I noticed that I was much happier with the boat. Clear title is the best feature "available" for every vehicle I have. I only wish I could pay off my mortgage early.

thanks for the suggestions @Ronnie i will run them by the family. i agree about feeling a little bit happier about our boat. i was downright giddy when i called yamaha credit to confirm they received the payoff check. "congratulations, your loan in paid in full" was the best thing i've heard from synchrony bank!

Congrats Bobbie! I hope to have that feeling one day!

Congrats!!!

How about: "Family Legacy" "Family Dream" "Dad's Legacy" "Dad's Gift"

@Julian honestly julian....my dad was so tight with his money "dad's nightmare" would probably be more appropriate!

Last edited:
My Dad own's the book "How to Die Broke".....but recently has been talking about how to protect his assets so he leaves my brother and I something.....

We met with financial advisors and it seems that owning property is the best way to protect your assets in the event of hospitalization/long term care....

@bobbie , congrats on your increased cash flow...
How'bout "My Stepmother Sucks" for your boat name?
:winkingthumbsup"

@MrMoose . Haha!!! I love it. I'm sure my siblings will vote for your suggestion!!

@bobbie sorry to hear about your father,

debt can be a big burden carry I'm glad you were able to get rid of it,

I stink at boat names but I was at first thinking of a name to bring both the legacy and money into play "eternal gift" direction, but really like the "stepmom's surprise" angle!

Maybe "Liquid Asset" since its now paid off or "Liquid litigation" for how it got paid off.

@robert843 I love liquid litigation!!! might have a winner!:thumbsup:

Wicked Stepmother

Last edited:
they say you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends.....well....i think i picked a whole bunch of pretty amazing people around here. might as well start the giving thanks early this year! :):)

a paid-off toy always seems to run a little better and shine a little longer...

Congrats...now just think of the extra money you have for all of those winter mods!

@Matt Phillips . Hmm. Tower speakers, another samson surf /surf rack, gator step....endless possibilities

@bobbie , If you have the opportunity to burn a few of your left over payment coupons over the winter I highly recommend doing so. I did and it kept the paid off feeling around that much longer.

the biggest and hardest upgrade / mod i have successfully avoided, so far anyway, is buying a newer boat. It's not that hard to pass on, just think about getting under another installment payment plan for the next 10 to 15 years.

@Ronnie Well...i was on auto payment on my boat payment so no firestarter material over the winter. and yes...believe me...i had a very brief scare of upgrading our boat with something a bit more surf specific but luckily came to my senses before a made a really stupid move.

Back