• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Part # for ladder retention strap?

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The rubber retention strap for my ladder tore and I'm looking for a replacement. I searched through the parts listings on Yamaha Sports Plaza's website and see no mention of the ladder. I have a 2007 SX230.

If anyone can offer any help I'd appreciate it.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I looked at a few used boats and have yet to see one that wasn't ripped or about to rip--until I found the 232 Limited I bought. Of course the damn thing ripped on our second outing. :D

I have seen people mention that Windline replaced it under warranty if you contact them. I just forgot about it.

Woodr35

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I picked mine up from our local dealer. Note that when you put the new one on it will be very tight - the clerk advised "you'll even think its the wrong part, but it will loosen up over time" and indeed she was correct.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do what i did go to the local Gun store and get a meter of Catapult elastic, It works a treat and you have plenty left for the next time, I used a small stainless cable clip from the DIY to clamp the 2 ends together that was 2 years ago and no problem since and used in Salt water, Cost total about $2.

Yamaha in Thailand stock hardy anything and they have to order from Singapore and it takes an age and there prices are very much inflated they even charge you the postal costs from Singapore, I also had problems with rear boarding strap so made one from stainless steel and cut 2 rubber gaskets from a Tyre inner tube, Another job done it maybe worth you thinking about and it wouldn't cost a lot to have one fabricated if you haven't got the facilities to do one yourself, I put some Photos in for you, Good Luck.

IMG_0974.JPG IMG_0968.JPG

Last edited:

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian