• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please tell me this is not real

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So @wallacerb sent me this today. Not sure if its a spoof or a joke. Has any one every changed their oil this way?

wallacerb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crazy right? I guess it would be ok but i would worry about oil getting into my bilge and then spitting it into the water.. damaging the bilge, etc.. not to mention.... oil inside of the engine compartment!!!!

Ryan Cassidy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Someone posted this earlier.... I still think this guy is a moron. Its a silly and messy way to change your oil when there are far easier and cleaner ways to do it.

seadude

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Coating the bilge (and pump) with dirty oil isn't a good idea and borderline illegal since you'll be draining oily water for a while afterwards.
I guess removing the plugs made all of those 15 second cranks easier on the starter?
Hard to believe he was told to do it this way by his dealer!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Really makes you think about buying a used boat. At least one that doesn't have a Jetboaters sticker on it. Lol

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Yamaha dealer recommended the process....... what in the freaking world???

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just came across this thread.. WTF!!

The wife wanted to know what I was looking at and instantly stated that the guy must be a (explisative) idiot.

I don't see anyone from this site EVER doing something so messy and lazy.
We're better :winkingthumbsup"!!

yamahasrxman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree WTF!!!! I could never do that to my poor baby.. what a disaster :depressed::depressed:

I would have been done by the time he had all the plugs back in.... and NO mess.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The video has been taken down. Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still think this guy is a moron.
Actually, I think he is more off.

I think this was a marketing ploy. Some dealer told him to do it this way just to convince him it is so messy and illegal that he should bring it in to them...

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The only time I saw something that bad was back in the 70s when We puked a head gasket in our I/O boat and had so much fluid in the crankcase the engine stopped running. Dipstick was cream...

Well my pops who was a MN mechanic knew the situation wasn't good but we had to get back to the ramp.

He's then see pun the oil filter off, we e cranked It's bit to get some fluid out of the engine. To the bike either it and turn that pump off. Spun the filter back on, put in a gybe spare what off oil, and made a dash to the boat ramp.

We got back and home fine but since the bike was already full, we'd spent the night flushing the engine with oil and no water. Every oil changed went into the bilge and out the drain plug. Was a bitch to clean up when we were all done v

At the end if the day though, that old 302 lubed on just fine...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He said his "dealer " told him to do it this way? Drug dealer maybe!

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fake News, LOL, Like putting your phone in the microwave to dry it out! Just to see how many idiots might try it!

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks to be along the same lines as rolling your boat upside down to drain the oil. I guess when they were handing out brains this guy thought they said "trains" and asked for a slow one.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Guys! Come on, clearly he's killing two birds with one stone here :p!!

This is the new wave era of oil change + lubrication an coating of all fittings, surfaces and metal parts all in a single process :smuggrin:!

No longer do you need to silicone spray you engine and bilge as technical data from :astronaut: NASA has determined this is by far a superior method of corrosion prevention.

I'm for sure doing this on my next oil change and I think I will try changing the oil in my truck by flipping it on its roof in a sharp curve with the trailer attached :winkingthumbsup".

BTW do you suggest using cat liter in the bilge to double a containment barrier + ballast :hilarious:?

Genius I tell ya !

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
REALLY!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Guys! Come on, clearly he's killing two birds with one stone here :p!!

This is the new wave era of oil change + lubrication of all fittings, surfaces and metal parts all in a single process :smuggrin:!

No longer do you need silicone spray you engine and bilge as technical data from :astronaut: NASA has determined this is by far a superior method of corrosion prevention.

I'm for sure doing this on my next oil change and I think I will try changing the oil in my truck by flipping it on its roof in a sharp curve with the trailer attached :winkingthumbsup".

BTW do you suggest using cat liter in the bilge to double a containment barrier + ballast :hilarious:?

Genius I tell ya !
Perhaps we should suggest he add a few steps:

1. Be sure to turn on your bilge pump to lubricate it and to coat the hose to ensure water runs out the hose with less friction (like gutter wax)
  2. Take a kitchen hand mixer and stick it in the pool of oil below the engines and turn it on to "HIGH" to lubricate all the surfaces in the engine compartment (wear the proper eye protection while doing this of course):watching:
  3. Lower the bow to ensure all the drain pipes and fittings are lubricated to reduce water flow friction
  4. Consider leaving the oil in the bilge and allow your guests to use it as a sunscreen substitute:winkingthumbsup" or tanning oil