• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Politics, religion and other volatile topics

Should the forum allow Politics and religion etc to be discussed in posts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I checked our status with SonicWall and a few other web filters. We showed up in the Vehicles or uncategorized category for each.

Just as we need to be careful about Politics and Religion, we really want to avoid being rated as an adult site. We both want to avoid Cory's situation and the potential slowing of growth if our forum becomes restricted as adult content.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I said yes, but I understand the position, respect it, and can see merit. I just think there are some topics that would tend to move into politics that are boat related such as emissions controls, EPA waterway rules, etc etc. I'm in politics and as a rule try not to discuss it too much outside of my circle of friends and family, but do see how there could be relevant topics that could go there.

Not a big issue either way, I agree it seems strange to have and be ok with NSFW but not a "Political Firing Squad" area or something. But no biggie.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not a big issue either way, I agree it seems strange to have and be ok with NSFW but not a "Political Firing Squad" area or something. But no biggie.
I am not a fan of having the NSFW section. I believe there is plenty of that elsewhere. But for me the differentiator is that clothing coming off is part of boating activities, the NSFW comes in when more clothing comes off than normal (for most American beaches). There was a large member contingent asking to be allowed to post NSFW content when that section was created.

I do not believe that anyone would object to discussion of government actions on emissions controls or EPA waterway rules. The issue is when we start a discussion about one political party causing emissions issues vs another. The purpose of this poll was to determine how members felt about political discussions.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There was a large member contingent
I am a member of the "large member contingent"! :winkingthumbsup":rolleyes: LOL Sorry....couldn't resist that one!!!

Actually my preference was not to go down the NSFW as it makes moderating what is ok and not ok a PITA! Much easier to say - no nudity...(if you can't find a site to look at nudity, you don't have an internet connection!)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can see that we may have a change in admins and mods sooner than we had expected. I just heard JW and Dan saying they wanted to help with it! ;)

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge vs. Toyota vs. Nissan - let's debate this :D
They all suck! LOL!!!

I've always said if you take the new FORD body and put an Allison transmission and a Cummins engine in it you would have the perfect truck!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Figured I would my part to up our ratings.....and now you can up yours too!
User reviews (1)
Subscribe to comments

Leave a comment to describe your experience with this site. Comments provide additional information for other users, but do not affect the reputation. Read more

Sort by:
  • Good site

Excellent site with loads of good information for jetboater of all brands. Friendly members with helpful and polite and fun loving moderators... "

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is that why they don't sell them here? Huh.....interesting....we sure don't want their smog!

I didn't take this....but this is exactly what it is like there on many days! Actually makes your eyes itch all the time!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
:astronaut:Excuuuuussssse me gentlemen, would you kindly return this thread to its topic:winkingthumbsup" If I had an off topic smile I could see on this tiny screen, I would've used it! Lol

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What..nothin'?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What..nothin'?
Clearly you frightened them off Mel. Nice. :confused: Now we've got to start building ANOTHER site. Just somebody let me know where we're movin' to this time eh? ;)

Back to topic though:

I'd rather keep the religion and politics out of here. I never subscribe to those forums anyway, but sometimes you can "feel" when an argument is carrying over to a "regular" thread and it can get uncomfortable.

I don't mind a little confrontation every now and then, I'd just rather keep it at work where it belongs, not on my favorite internet hangout.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
So if I understand correctly, I leave 1/2 of my compartment plugs in and 1/2 out rite???????:devilhorns:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Which half?:p

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol..

Not that there is anything wrong with that..

Status
Not open for further replies.